Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn I was just thinking how the fury would look good with a custom shock spring seat and chopping the fender. Also what is the biggest tire we can fit in the stock swingarm? When is someone gonna get the balls to do this? I wanna see some chopped fenders and custom seats to accomidate. Anyone know how to accomplish this with photochop?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
460Brevili has chopped his fender and a 240 rear is as big as you can go with the stock swingarm but you have to modify your wheel and it actually makes it a 220. Search L&M's posts about the tire mod and check out 460's pics of his bike for the chopped fender.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I have been looking into the spring seat function - it is going to be an expensive endeavor so it is down the road, because the pan is going to have to be custom and we hve to find points to mount the sprnigs to the frame that doesnt interfere with the stock fender.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
I have been looking into the spring seat function - it is going to be an expensive endeavor so it is down the road, because the pan is going to have to be custom and we hve to find points to mount the sprnigs to the frame that doesnt interfere with the stock fender.
stock fender would have to go if you dun a bobber job on the seat.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
There was a guy on here that tried this. Well, he was well under way but decided it was not turning out right. He posted some pics and wanted suggestions on how the fender should look after cutting. In the end he said screw it and went with a sumo.
I think it would look real good but he thought he was heading the wrong direction.
I cant remember the name of the thread but it's here some where.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well 375 for a custom seat and mounting kit to get the seat where you want it on the frame is not alot of money. Also when i said chop the fender, i meant literally take it off and get a custom fender to replace it to where the fender actually separates your seat and the tire with kinda a backwards "C". Think that would look badass. Heres some pics of a guy that does seats not covered for around 200-250usd.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There was a guy on here that tried this. Well, he was well under way but decided it was not turning out right. He posted some pics and wanted suggestions on how the fender should look after cutting. In the end he said screw it and went with a sumo.
I think it would look real good but he thought he was heading the wrong direction.
I cant remember the name of the thread but it's here some where.
Might have been me? I did chop the fender and try some stuff but decided no matter what I couldn't get past the skinny tire and just went with the SumoX. I believe I have pictures on my other PC if you want to see them I'll post them.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Sure, post em. May help get a better visual of what it might look like. Even better if you still have the cut up seat on there. Any chance of getting a pic with that seat on there and the rear fender off?

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is the best I can find. Remember though alot of the stuff was temporarily mounted. I did have pictures of the fender cut but I can't seem to find them right now.

And 2 days later when I decided to order from SumoX.

·
Registered
309 Posts
if someone had short pipes on their fury, you may be able to run shocks from the rear hub up to the seat...one shock on each side.

I've seen this done on other bikes and it looks sick with a fat rear tire, chopped fender and spring seat.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
you may have to mount the fender like they do with a soft tail.
the Fury has the rear fender mounted to the top of the frame, you could mount it to the top of the swingarm.

I am building the bike in 3D so I can test mods quickly and cheaply.
when I get it done I can do the mod and post the image.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts