Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these brake master cylinder covers on their bike ? Want to know if it covers the whole thing or how it looks, if so can you post a pic please.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have it

Does anyone have one of these brake master cylinder covers on their bike ? Want to know if it covers the whole thing or how it looks, if so can you post a pic please.

Yep, got it on my bike. I have that as well as all of the other Kury covers fitted. Very happy with the look. It does cover the whole master cylinder. I will take a pic or two for you tomorrow (it's raining here now).

Cheers

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, got it on my bike. I have that as well as all of the other Kury covers fitted. Very happy with the look. It does cover the whole master cylinder. I will take a pic or two for you tomorrow (it's raining here now).

Cheers

Gary
Thanks Gary !!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Pics

Just took a few pics in the garage for you. Couldn't get outside with the rain. Hope they show what you're after.

Cheers

Gary

Covers 001.jpg

Covers 002.jpg

Covers 003.jpg

Covers 004.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I have it, too.

Make sure you get the correct part number item.

The Perch Cover P/N from Kuryakyn is: 9194
The Master Cylinder Cover P/N from Kuryakyn is: 1746

I bought these from a vendor and had to have them change out the Master Cylinder Cover because they sent me the wrong model and it did have the proper notches for the hose.

Let me know if you want pics or if you got what you needed from Gary.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Nice pic’s doc. I am still thinking about the throttle lock, just wish it came in chrome. Does it bother you to lose that much room on the handle?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Troop, name a price for that set up. I recently took mine off and wont be re-installing it. Let me know we can work something out reasonable.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I too have all the Kury covers and love the look!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just took a few pics in the garage for you. Couldn't get outside with the rain. Hope they show what you're after.

Cheers

Gary
Got it thank you very much Gary !

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have this also and posted a rant about it, it does cover the top nicely but my issues were that they don't chrome or polish the bolts that hold it down and that the bottom is open as it doesn't cover it up. Overall it's a decent product but of course not as great as it would be to have the Master Cylinder chromed, as a matter of fact I have all of there covers for the handle bars, just yesterday I installed the clutch cover, pretty decent product but doesn't cover the bottom of the clutch perch, take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Me too!
Yes the bottom is still exposed. But unless you look under it you really can't tell.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics everyone, another question, does it replace the OEM cover, or go over top of it ? Are the metal or plastic ?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Nice pic’s doc. I am still thinking about the throttle lock, just wish it came in chrome. Does it bother you to lose that much room on the handle?
Hi Richard,

I thought you would have had yours installed by now. You've been looking as long as I have!

I did have reservations about loosing that much room on the grip, but as it turns out I really don't notice it while I'm riding.

Much rather be with it than without it.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thanks for the pics everyone, another question, does it replace the OEM cover, or go over top of it ? Are the metal or plastic ?
They are metal and go over the oem stuff. So easy, my wife could have done it with her eyes closed.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
305 Posts
Troop, i have the cover as well (could not bring myself to get the MC chromed this season) and it is an ok product. As you can see (and others have mentioned) the bottom is open, but unless you are kneeling and looking up, you will not really notice it. You retain the stock cover, but replace the stock screws with a double threaded one they provide (bottom half holds the stock cover on, top half holds the chrome cover via 2 acorn nuts). There is a slit in the cover that allows you to see the sight glass for the MC, but it is real narrow, and honestly as a sealed system i dont look at it ever time i get on the bike. The only issue i had was the U slot on the side (for the brake banjo bolt) was not deep enough ( i have the SS braided lines with the L&M 8* trees) a few min with the grinder solved that issue for me.

Rich,

Spent last season riding with the Breakaway and was never bothered by the lack of space on the grip. I do not ride with my hand up against the control housing, so it was no issue. Even if you do, there is plenty of length on the grip and i dont think you will be bothered.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Troop, i have the cover as well (could not bring myself to get the MC chromed this season) and it is an ok product. As you can see (and others have mentioned) the bottom is open, but unless you are kneeling and looking up, you will not really notice it. You retain the stock cover, but replace the stock screws with a double threaded one they provide (bottom half holds the stock cover on, top half holds the chrome cover via 2 acorn nuts). There is a slit in the cover that allows you to see the sight glass for the MC, but it is real narrow, and honestly as a sealed system i dont look at it ever time i get on the bike. The only issue i had was the U slot on the side (for the brake banjo bolt) was not deep enough ( i have the SS braided lines with the L&M 8* trees) a few min with the grinder solved that issue for me.

Rich,

Spent last season riding with the Breakaway and was never bothered by the lack of space on the grip. I do not ride with my hand up against the control housing, so it was no issue. Even if you do, there is plenty of length on the grip and i dont think you will be bothered.
Great thanks for the write up, got some covers in the works now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts