Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
D&D Slip-ons fitted.

Fitted my D&D Slip-ons two days ago. Took 90 mins to do (60 mins to take stock off and 30 mins to fit D&Ds). They came with rubber covers on the brackets \ lugs and I kept them on to act like washers, pierced a hole in them to allow the bolt through. That way there's some flex \ dampening between the pipes and on the main bracket.

Sound awesome and look great, nice deep burble and quieter when riding at cruise or idle. Accelerating and decelerating sounds so cool (burble noise), better than a Harley 8¬). No rasp noise at all. :D

As for blue-ing havn't had them on that long but no visible signs of it yet.

I currently run a metallic blue Fury (European model) with O2 sensors so slip-ons were the best option. So far no poping on acceleration nor deceleration but I do think it could do with some back pressure so getting 6 - 8" baffles, nothing fancy. They are loud but not offensive. However here in the UK maybe just a wee bit loud as far as PC Plod is concerned.

As for re-tuning the bike... I havn't had to do any of that because the European model has O2 sensors that will compensate as they are just slip-ons and I am still using the stock air-filter. :)

· Super Moderator
6,558 Posts
Fitted my D&D Slip-ons two days ago. Took 90 mins to do (60 mins to take stock off and 30 mins to fit D&Ds). They came with rubber covers on the brackets \ lugs and I kept them on to act like washers, pierced a hole in them to allow the bolt through. That way there's some flex \ dampening between the pipes and on the main bracket.

Sound awesome and look great, nice deep burble and quieter when riding at cruise or idle. Accelerating and decelerating sounds so cool (burble noise), better than a Harley 8¬). No rasp noise at all. :D

As for blue-ing havn't had them on that long but no visible signs of it yet.

I currently run a metallic blue Fury (European model) with O2 sensors so slip-ons were the best option. So far no poping on acceleration nor deceleration but I do think it could do with some back pressure so getting 6 - 8" baffles, nothing fancy. They are loud but not offensive. However here in the UK maybe just a wee bit loud as far as PC Plod is concerned.

As for re-tuning the bike... I havn't had to do any of that because the European model has O2 sensors that will compensate as they are just slip-ons and I am still using the stock air-filter. :)

I have been particularly interested in these as I have the Aussie spec ABS bike (also blue) and we have the O2 sensors. I am especially concerned about how loud they actually are as the cops are going nuts enforcing noise laws in our "police" state of New South Wales. There is no way I could ride more than 3 KLM without getting a ticket for loud pipes.

So from what you are saying the slip-ons do not have baffles right?
If you are going to put baffles in, then what ones fit?
Can you do a clip and put it up on you tube?

Sorry to ask so many pain in the arse questions, but I got caught out buying the "factory free flow" pipes for my Johnny Pag Spyder which everyone said sounded awesome but in reality they were just loud and nasty. They lasted 20 mins on the bike before I took them off and put the stock pipes back on.

· Registered
120 Posts
I'll put pictures up tomorrow. They have straight through baffles. I"m looking for a cheap solution to quieten them. The only time noise is an issue is when pulling away from a standing start or decelerating quickly. It"s at that point you get a deep burbling rumble. Very nice sound. I've had a quote for aftermarket baffles to replace the ones already in them but need to look around at prices and quality. For bikes with O2 sensors I believe these were a good choice for me.

I'll post detailed pictures soon.

Cops are a nuisance here too.
:D

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I'm confused about the rubber covers--do the instructions specifically state to leave them on? That just sounds wrong to me.

We're talking about a lot of heat emanating from those pipes.

Curious, am I...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.