Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had fitted a round nosed, 'bullet' style spike instead of the pointy one? There is no way a forward pointing spike would be legal here in West Australia - and I don't want the hassle from the law.

I have found one I quite like the look of from debrix.com - anyone bought a spike, spear or bullet from them and happy with the quality/price?''

If you have one, any chance of posting a pic or two?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I looked on the site and those bullet style spikes are made by D&M I believe.. If they are, they are top quality and the price is about right on them. I had a D&M twister on my Fury and it was a great product and comes with a K&N filter but I changed it out for a D2Moto spike with straight cuts in it. The D2 is a prettty good spike for the price but has a little lesser quality filter in it but a K&N is avalible. Remember to get the price of adapters, there are a few choices out there.

D&M twister

D2Moto

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on the site and those bullet style spikes are made by D&M I believe.. If they are, they are top quality and the price is about right on them. I had a D&M twister on my Fury and it was a great product and comes with a K&N filter but I changed it out for a D2Moto spike with straight cuts in it. The D2 is a prettty good spike for the price but has a little lesser quality filter in it but a K&N is avalible. Remember to get the price of adapters, there are a few choices out there.

D&M twister

D2Moto

Hi BigJohn

Yeah, I'm factoring in the price of an adapter, and I have to get a fuel controller too (I have Cobra Swept pipes). It won't be a cheap mod, but I do like the look of those type of intakes :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
How about an 'up' pointing spike? The D&M has a 3 hole mounting pattern so you can mount it up as well if you choose.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would a pointy type filter be illegal in Australia?
NMUCat - we live in a nanny state (but not just WA, the whole of Oz) - the government does the thinking for us. There is a perceived risk to pedestrians in that they could be impaled in the event of a collision.

It is a bit like helmet law. Here is is illegal to ride without a helmet. I would never ride without a helmet, but I respect other's choice to ride without - I just don't think society (taxpayers) should pay for their medical bills if they end up head injured in hospital. So in simple terms - if you want to ride without a helmet, organise comprehensive medical insurance (or have family with money). Accept the choice - accept the consequences.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about an 'up' pointing spike? The D&M has a 3 hole mounting pattern so you can mount it up as well if you choose.
Hey Jay Cee

I considered that briefly, but I think it might look a bit like a smoke stack (hope I didn't just offend anyone) - personal choice and all that. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pic BluFury, but not my cup of tea :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Trusty I knew Oz was a nanny state with the strick gun laws you got down there. Didnt know it was bad enough to limit an air filter on a bike.....just plain silly

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go ... click on the pic to go to the item on D&M's site:

Cheers StPeteAPB :)

What is everyone's opinion on their quality of product?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Heres one ....
hmm, if you could fit a drink holder on that thing you'd be able to keep your morning coffee nice and warm just from the updraft.
also makes a nice helmet holder, too!

seriously, that's an interesting look.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Cheers StPeteAPB :)

What is everyone's opinion on their quality of product?
D&M makes a nice, solid product.
The twister spike I a lot of us have from them is twice the price of that one I posted, so make sure you read the details and compare the two.

But, that twister spike a lot of us have is heavy and solid. I feel like it'd make a great weapon ... if dragons still flew around the Earth ;)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oooops! I wondered why that item was 1/2 the price of the twister spike. It's just an adapter.

HERE is the lot of blunt-nosed spikes from D&M:
D&M Custom Cycle - Air Cleaners - Spike Series - The Bullet
Cheers, StPeteAPB...

I'm keen on the D&M, but I don't think I'll be ordering thru debrix.com - they don't appear to be the sharpest tools in the shed...

Me: 12-429-MW AIR CLEANER,CHROME BULLET,CV CARB Hi Does the above air intake come with chrome elbow (as pictured), filter and fittings? Thanks

DEBRIX: sorry, SKU: 12-429-MW is currently on backorder.

Me: Okay... But when it isn't on backorder.... 12-429-MW AIR CLEANER,CHROME BULLET,CV CARB - Does the above air intake come with chrome elbow (as pictured), filter and fittings? Thanks

DEBRIX: sorry, not too sure regarding availability. we'll email you when it back to stock.

WTF?????????

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Cheers, StPeteAPB...

I'm keen on the D&M, but I don't think I'll be ordering thru debrix.com - they don't appear to be the sharpest tools in the shed...

Me: 12-429-MW AIR CLEANER,CHROME BULLET,CV CARB Hi Does the above air intake come with chrome elbow (as pictured), filter and fittings? Thanks

DEBRIX: sorry, SKU: 12-429-MW is currently on backorder.

Me: Okay... But when it isn't on backorder.... 12-429-MW AIR CLEANER,CHROME BULLET,CV CARB - Does the above air intake come with chrome elbow (as pictured), filter and fittings? Thanks

DEBRIX: sorry, not too sure regarding availability. we'll email you when it back to stock.

WTF?????????
Based on the List Price, I think it's "cone only"

Check Phat Performance Parts:
https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DM-SPIKE-BULLET&CartID=1

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Based on the List Price, I think it's "cone only"

Check Phat Performance Parts:
https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DM-SPIKE-BULLET&CartID=1
StPeteAPB - do I require carburetor support bracket and breather kit, or is this taken care of by the L&M spike adapter (or Accutronix adapter)?

And is it just me, or is anyone else having problems with the phatperformance website? I'm using a Mac, but neither Safari, Camino or Firefox will let me navigate their site...

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
StPeteAPB - do I require carburetor support bracket and breather kit, or is this taken care of by the L&M spike adapter (or Accutronix adapter)?
The L&M adapter comes with all you need to mount the cone & elbow. It has a clamp that sinches down around the carb body. It also has the breather filters you'll need.

Here's the install guide:

And is it just me, or is anyone else having problems with the phatperformance website? I'm using a Mac, but neither Safari, Camino or Firefox will let me navigate their site...
Works fine for me on a PC with Firefox or IE8.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered My D&M Bullet today along with the accutronix adapter and cover will post pics as soon as I get it mounted on the bike :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts