Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forward controls calculation - data required.

You'll have seen there's a thread on the tallest Fury rider. Whats interesting is some of the really tall riders need more forward control extension, but some don't. Question is is there an optimum average height for a Fury? I've checked the threads and it looks like 5'6" or there abouts. As T says ride position comes down to personal preference.

Lets us know your height, any forward extensions you already have and if you are comfortable with the set up. Will post results on a graph :cool::D

PS I'm not a geek, honest, LOL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
6'3 here and I need some height in my bars. Bought some risers but I still would like a little more height. My feet/legs are fine. And after my Mustang Touring seat install my ride is even better. As far as weight.... the bike does have a limit and I have noticed a difference in control and comfort when me, my wife, and our weekend gear are all on the bike. The Fury is not a perfect ride, but it is the best bike I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
i would think inseam would be more pertinent than actual hight..............am about 5 foot 9 now....(shit i shrunk in my old age).......and my inseam is about 32 or 33 and the stock controls fit me like a glove. I would also think personal preference about where you want to be on your scoot would play a big part also............my 2 cents...........just sayin.........lol..............t

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i would think inseam would be more pertinent than actual hight..............am about 5 foot 9 now....(shit i shrunk in my old age).......and my inseam is about 32 or 33 and the stock controls fit me like a glove. I would also think personal preference about where you want to be on your scoot would play a big part also............my 2 cents...........just sayin.........lol..............t

Proportionally, and these are averages, so the more info the more accurate, inseam is 45% of height, so give either height or inseam is good :D. If ur knuckles drag on the ground when walking ur way outa proportion :eek: or pi**ed :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam. Had an inch of padding added to the back of the seat when I had the wife's seat widened and added 2" risers which brought the handlebars back an inch or 2. Getting more comfortable all the time :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
6'1" 210 pounds. Corbin K/Q seat and riser extensions, stock controls, fits great. Hey, marathon890 are you still at Ft. Riley, I bought my Fury this spring from a guy that was there but shipped out to Ft. Lewis in WA State.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the responses already in and those on the tallest thread, its gonna make an interesting graph, ooh this sounds geeky, I hated math at school LOL :D As T-Bone says a lots gonna come down to personal preference, but that's possible to illustrate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
6' tall, 33/34" inseem, this bike feels perfect to me. Have a buddy who's I think 6' 3" and he says it feels too small on him. Granted he's bigger in every dimension and currently has a Goldwing to sit on.

...now that you have me thinking about that I'll have to post pics of his bike once we're done modding it. :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
5'10", 300 lb, 28" inseam. Fury is the second best ride I have. Wife is first, obviously:D

Foot pegs are comfy and the right distance, just wish my ass and giblets didn't hurt so much from the saddle ......:eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
6' 5", 36" inseam. Im all legs. Looking into fwd controls and highway pegs.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5'10", 300 lb, 28" inseam. Fury is the second best ride I have. Wife is first, obviously:D

Foot pegs are comfy and the right distance, just wish my ass and giblets didn't hurt so much from the saddle ......:eek:
LMAO - Guess you had to say that in case she reads the thread ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
6'0" 200# 32" inseam ride is okay after mustang solo and cannella risers. Would like a little more height in the handlebars. Thinking about floor boards for a little more flexibility in foot positions while riding.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, we're a tall bunch of riders! Started putting this info into a spread sheet. We'll see what it looks like. Takes all sorts to ride a Fury. Well some of you could of said that from the outset.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
6' 5", 36" inseam. Im all legs. Looking into fwd controls and highway pegs.
I'm with you...just a tad under 6'3" with a 36" inseam. Was considering the same.

Damn, we're a tall bunch of riders! Started putting this info into a spread sheet. We'll see what it looks like. Takes all sorts to ride a Fury. Well some of you could of said that from the outset.:rolleyes:
I don't think that's accidental; I had a Shadow, and when making tight turns would have to be careful as to not pin my leg against the tank.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts