Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the Arlen Ness Rad II mirrors, but they wound up sending me the micro version. I tried using them anyway, but they were totally useless. The shaft on them was soo short all I could see was the ground by my bike no matter how I positioned them. Anyone have experience with the Rad II not micro version. Can you see well with them. Want my bike to look good, but I don't want to be looking at it from a hospital bed!!! lol Any suggestions much appreciated.

James

·
Registered
394 Posts
So I ordered the Arlen Ness Rad II mirrors, but they wound up sending me the micro version. I tried using them anyway, but they were totally useless. The shaft on them was soo short all I could see was the ground by my bike no matter how I positioned them. Anyone have experience with the Rad II not micro version. Can you see well with them. Want my bike to look good, but I don't want to be looking at it from a hospital bed!!! lol Any suggestions much appreciated.

James
Can you see out of the mirrors if you roll the switch housings forward slightly?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have Rad II mirrors on my bike. I think they are the micros. The right one I got adjusted perfect the first try. The left one I had to roll the lever slightly to get the correct angle, before that the mirror was useless.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Careful rolling the switch housing, in some cases it has caused damage to the gas tank. The housing, cables, etc. are already close to the tank, don't want a ding of chipped paint!

I also baught a pair of aftermarket mirrors (Kuryakyn Zombie). The skulls looked awsome! The bad part was, "They were useless as mirrors"! Not much adjustment, even if I swang the arms forward, which looks dumb, they still were useless. After looking at them I noticed that even of you could adjust them, the mirrors are so small, you still wouldent have a good field of view. The next day I put the stock mirrors back on and there they will stay. The stock mirrors look pretty good and they have a wonderful field of view. For me, it's all about safety first and looks second. I'm not sure why the manufactures can't combine good looks and function in the same package.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree..all that that arlen ness mirrors needs is a bit longer shaft and they would be fine...anyone have nice aftermarket mirrors that look good AND provide a good view??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts