Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

It's been a long wait...but Fury prices here in Blighty have dipped low enough to tempt my wallet out of hibernation...

Haven't ridden it yet as it's in the back of my van after a 950 mile journey - shame as we just had the nicest day of the year so far - but I'm a patient man :rolleyes:

Will keep you posted with first ride pics in due course. The Fury flopped over here in the UK, and they're a very rare sight. Despite that, they still draw heads - when I was parking the van a crowd of people popped along to see the bike squeezed into the van and one chap recognised it as a Fury!

I'll probably start separate threads, but initial thoughts are turning to sourcing selected add-ons including the Cobra pipes and a few 'tasteful' farkles.

C

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Welcome glad you were able to find a fury I guess the flop is in your favor now get on the bike and enjoy the ride. Thanks for the pics love the black.:D

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Hello from across the pond. You've made an excellent decision in your color choice. I just can't take it when a new member gets drawn into the group of the blue zombies. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean - I originally preferred the blue, as it shouts 'custom chopper' louder than anything, but the Scots are not a flashy breed, and our weather can be a bit dreich, so black it was!

Having some trouble getting kitted out with clothing though. We're not a cruising bunch this far north, so it might be mail order or eBay for that 'look'.

My other bike's a BMW F800GS by the way...

Hello from across the pond. You've made an excellent decision in your color choice. I just can't take it when a new member gets drawn into the group of the blue zombies. :D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome. Good color choice, you can't go wrong with black. Looks like you are the second Scottish member. We try to keep up with our member's locations on the Show your colors thread so give a shout over there too.

I've spent some time in Aberdeen - great motorcyle roads in the countryside around there. :)

FYI, the 'Fury FAQ' link on the menu bar is actually pretty good. The search engine sucks the big one but you can still get decent results. I couldn't find where anyone had previously used the word 'dreich' so you might have to define that Scott lingo for us :D.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats on the long waited purchase, great choice in color by the way!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I was biking around Aberdeen last weekend on my F800GS - based near the Cairngorms National Park - the best roads I've ever ridden for sure.

My favourite definition of the Scottish word 'dreich' is:

"Dreich has several meanings when applied to weather, including wet, dull, gloomy, dismal, dreary, miserable or any combination of..."

Welcome. Good color choice, you can't go wrong with black. Looks like you are the second Scottish member. We try to keep up with our member's locations on the Show your colors thread so give a shout over there too.

I've spent some time in Aberdeen - great motorcyle roads in the countryside around there. :)

FYI, the 'Fury FAQ' link on the menu bar is actually pretty good. The search engine sucks the big one but you can still get decent results. I couldn't find where anyone had previously used the word 'dreich' so you might have to define that Scott lingo for us :D.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You have awesome taste in motorcycles. And since the majority of us will never have the pleasure of visiting your fine country, we will just have to settle for you posting some pics from over there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome. How did you manage to get the bike into that vehicle?
The van is a VW T4 Multivan - a cross between a Caravelle and a Transporter - if that means anything to US-based folk. It's the best vehicle I've ever had - 7 seats, with a rear bench that slides out to form a full-sized bed, and plenty of other seat removal/orientation permutations, plus a fold-out table. Drives like a car, and fits under multi-storey car park height restrictions....

Well, the bike was a little too long, but we managed to slant it, and then it fitted beautifully :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello and Welcome. Would you mind sharing with the Forum the price paid and the breakdown? Congrats again! :)
Price paid was a shade under £9000 for a zero miles brand new example from an official Honda dealer. There are loads of ex-demos around at quite a bit more than that too.

Still pricey compared to the US, but a full 25% off current list price, which was itself reduced last year, and we have a full 20% VAT as part of that price too :eek:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
...........and we have a full 20% VAT as part of that price too :eek:
Ya, Value-Added Tax. That means that the value of the object somehow gets increased just by virtue of bringing it into the country; never quite understood that concept! LOL.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts