Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
lets go gettem aussies............... ;)
Hi nuts351, Just noticed... a SPO. I used to be a Senior Assistant Superintendent in a previous life. I thought it was a great job. You?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi nuts351, Just noticed... a SPO. I used to be a Senior Assistant Superintendent in a previous life. I thought it was a great job. You?
hey doc....
awesome!!!
Been in the job for about 3 years and am lovin' it...
as you would understand, everyday brings a new challenge lol ;)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
hey doc....
awesome!!!
Been in the job for about 3 years and am lovin' it...
as you would understand, everyday brings a new challenge lol ;)

Lots of new challenges and lots of benefits (if it's like NSW). They paid for most of my studies and paid me lots on overtime!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You guys are Nuts.....Ex qld Screw here:p and I gotta say Im glad to be out.... the conditions in QLD are Shit worst paid screws in Australia.
hey FChick..
to start off i am nuts lol
we got great conditions down south.... this is my ticket to retirement.
ive managed a company, had my own company and now its time to kick back and lap up the rewards ;)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You guys are Nuts.....Ex qld Screw here:p and I gotta say Im glad to be out.... the conditions in QLD are Shit worst paid screws in Australia.
Hi Fury Chick, I totally agree with Nuts351, I left the job about 25 years ago and am still getting benefits from it. I left there and started my own business. I made more money from my business but also had a lot more stress. NSW has (at least had) great conditions and benefits - maybe you should have moved south (although FNQ has better weather, better beaches, and better diving!)! :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah the location must have been all wrong guys...

the last full financial year I work. 2004/2005 I worked overtime every week day I had of in the courts and did ot regular in the jail and I still didn't crack 50G a year....piss poor.... oh and don't mention the fact that browns have more rights than blues.....I regularly got in trouble because "miss spoke to me harsh I felt threatened" ggrrrrr guess i just copped a bad centre...it was the boneyard after all

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yeah the location must have been all wrong guys...

the last full financial year I work. 2004/2005 I worked overtime every week day I had of in the courts and did ot regular in the jail and I still didn't crack 50G a year....piss poor.... oh and don't mention the fact that browns have more rights than blues.....I regularly got in trouble because "miss spoke to me harsh I felt threatened" ggrrrrr guess i just copped a bad centre...it was the boneyard after all
Not good at all. I remember my first year there - I did 68K for the year (and that included a 7 week strike without pay!). That was nearly 30 years ago. Spent time at Long Bay (Male max. security), Mulowa (Female max. security), then into Head Office. Funny thing is that I had less hassles in the prisons than in HO! Still reckon it was a great job.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Classic.... You're an ex-keeper and I'm an ex-catcher :)

I left WAPol just over 5 and a half years ago and haven't looked back. Went into Fed govt and my pay went up 25%, plus international travel :)

Still working in Forensic and still loving it :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Classic.... You're an ex-keeper and I'm an ex-catcher :)

I left WAPol just over 5 and a half years ago and haven't looked back. Went into Fed govt and my pay went up 25%, plus international travel :)

Still working in Forensic and still loving it :)

An ex-copper call 'trusty"!!! LOL :D

I also had a short stint in the NSWPS - seconded there as a weapons/riot trainer. Glad to leave there - some of the guys in SWAT are totally mad! Best thing I did though was to leave the public service and start my own business (didn't make any sense doing it at the time, but worked out really well).

My son-in-law works for the Fed Govt - I agree with you - good pay and benefits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m in Canberra. I reckon given the lack of aftermarket parts and the huge cost to get any from the states mean most Fury owners in Aus don’t join or contribute to forums much. I’ve had a hell of a time trying to get stuff myself. How have the rest of us Aussies faired?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts