Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put on some Auto-Gem Baby Bullet lights (from J&P Cycles) to replace the stock rear turn signals. Definitely gets rid of the "bulk" back there. They are all but invisible now. Not quite as bright as stock lights, but bright enough I think (the same brightness as rear running light). The LED versions are probably brighter, but at a premium cost. This is a good mod if you plan to keep your stock taillight/brake light.

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/ProductDetail?sku=330-528&N=2761610%2028004841%20275087&Ne=755118&Ntk=All&Ntt=&Ns=DefaultSort&results=10&No=

Sorry the pics are a little dark, ran out of daylight.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
That looks really good. Can’t tell in the light or not, but they don’t seem to stand out at all. I am all for more options.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Hey, now I really like those! These are the first ones I've seen that I may actually consider buying.

Thanks, Maineiak.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice touch, looks cool. Like what you did with the lic plate too, same here. Black rules

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
MAINEiak, were you able to use the same holes that were for the stock signals? Did you just use some kind of a black washer to fill the hole?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I think the smaller lights give the visual affect, of a wider rear end. Definitely cleans things up back there. These lights come in chrome too, I only chose black to "hide" them better against the black paint.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MAINEiak, were you able to use the same holes that were for the stock signals? Did you just use some kind of a black washer to fill the hole?
Yup same holes, just had to drill them a little bit bigger... 5/16".

Used 1/4" fender washers, (also drilled out to 5/16") to fill the stock holes. And just spray painted them.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Yup same holes, just had to drill them a little bit bigger... 5/16".

Used 1/4" fender washers, (also drilled out to 5/16") to fill the stock holes. And just spray painted them.
Oh, you had to drill them out? From the looks of them, I thought these would be smaller than the stock turn signals.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh, you had to drill them out? From the looks of them, I thought these would be smaller than the stock turn signals.
The stock signals are bolted on with one small bolt from the back (after removing bolt, you need to increase the size of that hole). Look under your fender and you can see it. Even after drilling out the stock bolt hole bigger, you could still put the stock signals right back on. Didn't increase the mounting hole size that much. The washer just covers the recessed area that the stock rubber post sits into. Pop the bolt out of one of your turn signals, and you can move it enough to see what I mean. Very simple mod... took longer to write this post, than to mount both lights. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Wow, they blend in nicely against the black. They look like they were custom painted to match the bike. I don't know if they would look that good with another color bike but they definitely look nice with the black. Good find!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx guys. It IS a good match with the "black" bike. Signals are very "invisible" now, until they are switched on.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The stock signals are bolted on with one small bolt from the back (after removing bolt, you need to increase the size of that hole). Look under your fender and you can see it. Even after drilling out the stock bolt hole bigger, you could still put the stock signals right back on. Didn't increase the mounting hole size that much. The washer just covers the recessed area that the stock rubber post sits into. Pop the bolt out of one of your turn signals, and you can move it enough to see what I mean. Very simple mod... took longer to write this post, than to mount both lights. ;)
Awesome! Great info. I really appreciate your help! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Looks good Maineiak! Have you checked on getting some LED bulbs for it, since they aren't that bright? Just worries me a little bit, as I like to have as much light back there telling everybody what I'm doing as possible. Again, looks great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I "believe" the LEDs would be brighter, but I don't know for sure. It's a $75 upgrade to go with the LED version. I thought that was a bit steep. I might take out the red lenses, and try clear ones. Maybe that will do the trick.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I "believe" the LEDs would be brighter, but I don't know for sure. It's a $75 upgrade to go with the LED version. I thought that was a bit steep. I might take out the red lenses, and try clear ones. Maybe that will do the trick.
I have one advantage living where I do, I can ride over to J&P Cycle any day I want since I only live 30 miles away from them. It makes fabing shit on the bike easier since you can just take the parts out in the parking lot and hold it up to the bike and if you don't like it just take it back in. :D They have their own packaging so it's no big deal to open stuff and it helps to know some of the guys there. :D If I get over there to make up some braided lines one of these days I'll post the part numbers for them, it's got to be cheaper than buying them made up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update:

I originaly had an issue with the Auto-Gem turn signals being a little on the dim side. Part of the problem was the "red" lenses I was using. And the other part, was the "flash rate" being too fast, so the bulbs weren't reaching full brightness before the stock relay would turn them off (they need a bit more "on" time to reach full brightness).

So, I ordered amber lenses from J&P Cycles to replace the red ones. (this helped brighten things)

Also, ordered a Big Bike LED FLASHER RELAY 13-306 from DirectLineParts. This fixed the "fast flash rate" problem (leds front - small incandescents rear). No load equilizer necessary now, new relay takes care of things all by itself. (and this allowed the bulbs the proper time to reach full illumination)

Now the rear turn signals "pop" like they should, and get your attention. Although they are a little less obvious than stock, I think they are safe enough now (others may disagree). I'm not here to argue about that, just putting the info out there for the next guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts