Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to fit a backrest to my fury. They come with mounting bolts but my fender has no existing holes. So do I have to drill it or am I not seeing something
Photograph Audio equipment Screenshot Gadget Font
Photograph Audio equipment Screenshot Gadget Font

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
That is the factory bar and you have to drill 19mm holes through the mudguard (fender).
Motogateway have one that uses the existing hardware and no drilling required. Comes in chrome, matt & gloss black.

Here is the link:

If you want an excellent sissy bar then you should take a look at Ginz choppers. I have had a Ginz sissy bar for almost as long as I have had my bike (11 years) and I love it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the factory bar and you have to drill 19mm holes through the mudguard (fender).
Motogateway have one that uses the existing hardware and no drilling required. Comes in chrome, matt & gloss black.

Here is the link:

If you want an excellent sissy bar then you should take a look at Ginz choppers. I have had a Ginz sissy bar for almost as long as I have had my bike (11 years) and I love it.

Shipping to UK + tax ofter more than doubles the price. Got to try uk or Europe first

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I got the Honda sissybar, I was concerned also. I'm not really a mechanic type and would not normally trust my own work. But when I got into it, everything was pretty straight forward. Instructions were clear. And the drill and mount points were already marked in the plastic. Worked out perfectly. My wife probably has 4k-5k miles on the back seat. The only thing we added was a piece of sheepskin rug cut out the shape of the seat. Great inexpensive addition for rides over 30-60 minutes.

Want to fit a backrest to my fury. They come with mounting bolts but my fender has no existing holes. So do I have to drill it or am I not seeing something View attachment 241389 View attachment 241389

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Just be aware that once you drill those big ugly holes in the mudguard (fender) you are stuck with them. Also some of the aftermarket 2 up seats such as the C&C don't quite cover the holes & sissy bar bracket at the end. Most of our wives and girlfriends complain long and hard about the stock pillion, so if you intend to have your girl on the back you might want to think about a better seat and those ugly holes you drilled for the stock sissy bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts