Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the baffel modification on my Cobra Swept. I know several have posted on doing this and thank you for those that have! I drilled 3 holes in the end just for shits and giggles. I will have a video up soon for everyone to hear sound. I have a video already on my blog in an older post of the stock sound so it will be nice to have a place to hear the difference.

PS... Thanks Richard for the info on how to do this! Was a b!#% getting them out though. Guess because I've had had the pipes for a while.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Here are some pics of the baffel modification on my Cobra Swept. I know several have posted on doing this and thank you for those that have! I drilled 3 holes in the end just for shits and giggles. I will have a video up soon for everyone to hear sound. I have a video already on my blog in an older post of the stock sound so it will be nice to have a place to hear the difference.

PS... Thanks Richard for the info on how to do this! Was a b!#% getting them out though. Guess because I've had had the pipes for a while.
If I may suggest- I did the same thing you did, then I used a step drill & drilled out the center hole to 1 1/4". The sound difference is amazing from the 3 hole mod

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, the 3 hole mod is the bomb. We used a super long drill bit when drilling mine. Definately a deeper throater rumble to the cobras,

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Here are some pics of the baffel modification on my Cobra Swept. I know several have posted on doing this and thank you for those that have! I drilled 3 holes in the end just for shits and giggles.
Those holes aren't big enough to piss through! Open 'em up! It'll sound a LOT better. My two-bits................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Those holes aren't big enough to piss through! Open 'em up! It'll sound a LOT better. My two-bits................

Cheers
how many bits to make a dollar?

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
how many bits to make a dollar?
What the heck? Haven't you heard that old deal: "2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar, all for MFR, stand up and hollar." Therefore, 2 bits would be a quarter. Then of course 1 bit would equal 12 and half cents, which is strange.....

Maybe I'm just gettin' old........

·
Registered
145 Posts
Coming from the "useless random collection of dusty crap" stored in my brain... "Bits" came from the old Spanish real (piece of eight... literally was cut into 8 bits)... In the late 1700's the US passed a law that the Spanish real could be used as legal tender & the US mint produced them for a number of years (including cutting them into "bits")... Hence 2 bits = 1/4 of a dollar... and so on... Sorry for sharing, but sometimes this exercise actually exorcises the "crap"... leaving space for something else... bit*h to get old!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Eight, last time I checked. Now, do I get a prize???

Cheers
no, i just going to follow you around collecting your two bits you keep giving out :D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Coming from the "useless random collection of dusty crap" stored in my brain... "Bits" came from the old Spanish real (piece of eight... literally was cut into 8 bits)... In the late 1700's the US passed a law that the Spanish real could be used as legal tender & the US mint produced them for a number of years (including cutting them into "bits")... Hence 2 bits = 1/4 of a dollar... and so on... Sorry for sharing, but sometimes this exercise actually exorcises the "crap"... leaving space for something else... bit*h to get old!!:D
Very good explanation, Two Wolves, and exactly correct. Thanks for your enlightening post. I'm sure that everyone has benefited from your expose'.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts