Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed their baffle. Mine are in the pipes tighter than a Bull's ass. I removed the screws but the wont budge. I just want to hear it without and see if there is any change in performance.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thx in advance

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I think a lot of people have removed theirs, let's hope someone comes along and comments. Sound will indeed change, but do not expect a performance change from this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you decide to remove them and can do so without destroying them I maybe interested in buying them, assuming they are cobra swepts. I just bought a used exhaust that the PO removed the baffles and trashed them but I’m not a fan of completely open pipes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone removed their baffle. Mine are in the pipes tighter than a Bull's ass. I removed the screws but the wont budge. I just want to hear it without and see if there is any change in performance.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thx in advance
Yes,get them suckers outta there!..It's a pain in the ass,,but after takin' those screws out,take a needlenose vice grip to pull 'em out,it's a bitch,but you'll get 'em out...after I finally got mine pulled out of my Cobra swepts,they went straight to the dumpster!!!...if you're talkin' stock pipes,though,I'm not sure the process will be the same

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes,get them suckers outta there!..It's a pain in the ass,,but after takin' those screws out,take a needlenose vice grip to pull 'em out,it's a bitch,but you'll get 'em out...after I finally got mine pulled out of my Cobra swepts,they went straight to the dumpster!!!...if you're talkin' stock pipes,though,I'm not sure the process will be the same
FYI,the fewer miles on the pipes,the easier to remove!!!for those searching this topic in the future(y)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, had some time to work on the baffles. Removed the set screws and made up a puller out of all thread, socket, nut, and washers. Bent the all thread on a 90 and inserted it in the set screws hole and used my contraption like a dent puller. Out in 10 minutes. 👍

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts