Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Last winter happened something thats been bugging me for a while. I didnt have a garage and I tried to start the motorcycle on a cold day, around -5°C. Well, it didnt start, the battery didnt seem to have juice, so I brought my battery boost and tried to start it:

https://www.impactbattery.com/noco-gb40-genius-boost-lithium-jump-starter-1000a.html

But each time I tried, the motorcycle dashboard seemed to restart doing that electric motor noise it usually does and the bike just wont start.

I used this battery boost with my previous motorcycle and there are videos of people using it on pick up trucks with plain dead batteries, so Im not sure what was the problem :confuzed:

At the end I had to take out the battery and charge it indoors, then it started without problem.

Have you experienced this? Can the Honda Fury be started with a battery boost?

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
The bouncing gauge is a lack of current to the system. It could be a bad connection from the jump pack to the battery, the Fury's battery terminal connection was loose (they can loosen over time), the jump pack wasn't fully charged (or weak from age), etc.

The Fury will start with a boost pack (I've done it). It simply needs a good supply of current around the proper voltage.

'Holiday booster pack' attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bouncing gauge is a lack of current to the system. It could be a bad connection from the jump pack to the battery, the Fury's battery terminal connection was loose (they can loosen over time), the jump pack wasn't fully charged (or weak from age), etc.

The Fury will start with a boost pack (I've done it). It simply needs a good supply of current around the proper voltage.

'Holiday booster pack' attached...
Thanks for letting me know its possible, I will try again at the beginning of the riding season and if it doesnt work I will try one of those holiday boosters ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need a NOCO Genius Multipurpose Charger G3500 on your battery all winter. Since the bike is outside, bring the battery inside 'til spring.
That was last winter and it was right before storing it with the dealer, you know, stretching the riding season as much as I could. I have never left a motorcycle out during the whole winter.

This time I have my own garage and I got my battery plugged to an Optimate charger. That Noco charger looks nice too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been a while since I logged in and I realized I never updated this. So at the end the booster was just dead, I tried it with other vehicles and it didn't work neither.
It last me... 3 years? But only used the 1st year less than 5 times. What a piece of junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts