Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
I have a 2016 Fury and yes at 8K miles it suffers from the hot start problem when I pull in to get gas it's like playing the lottery on if it will start or not. LoL
Really old post there from 2015 馃槀
You should start out in the Introduction area first, post some pics we like pics.
As for the hard starting, check your grounds & have the battery tested. If everything checks out or if the battery is weak I purchased a AntiGravity ATZ-10 RS. Now when you hit the button you hear the starter for about 3 seconds and she's running. $157 on Amazon. Others here can & will have other thoughts all should be considered.

Welcome to the forum from Daytona馃槑

Premium Member
Installed one of these last spring, it removed my start button anxiety. Pricey yes, but so far it has been money well spent.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
i think after three years i'm going to have to get a battery for "the blue mule". i'm thinking about getting one just like the one that is on it or one by their sister company called Motocross. YTZ14S Battery | Yuasa Motocross 12 Volt Motorcycle Batteries. i'm not going to spend over a $150.00 bucks for a battery, so i was looking for affordable alternatives that are not junk. i looked on ebay & they have some cheap battery's, but i kinda have my doubts about the quality of them.

i bought a Ctek Battery Charger (MUS 4.3 56-864) & installed a CTEK Comfort Indicator Panel (56-380), so i finally have a maintenance charger.

everyone here seems to hate the factory Yuasa YTZ14S battery, but they are praised all over the rest of the internet. why do Fury owner not like them?

any help would be appreciated.
I switched to a Battery Tender battery (Supersmart BMS Lithium Battery, 12V 4.5AH, 270CCA, Batteries - Amazon Canada on my 2010 Fury in 2019 with around 65,000 miles. By itself I think this battery would have been great although I had to alter my cables to get it installed properly as it was shorter than the Yuasa. Unfortunately, I had earlier replaced the OEM regulator with an aftermarket regulator from RMStator (avoid this company at all costs!). Turned out it was the stator that needed to be replaced and there was nothing wrong with the OEM regulator. The Lithium Battery combined with the piece of shit regulator cost me my bike. Regulator allowed too much current into the bike frying the ECM, every light bulb, my GPS mount and the speed sensor. I was left stranded 150 miles from no where with no cell service. The resultant two day delay $600 tow bill, $800 U-Haul bill, $3,000 repair bill and additional hotel nights have not surprisingly left a bad taste in my mouth:cautious:. I now own a 2017 Fury and the Yuasa will stay and be replaced with another Yuasa.

Your Ctek charger will prolong the life of your battery preventing the early death many experience. I used to think it was crazy to put the bike on a tender until a forum member got 10 years on his original battery using the same charger and leaving it on all winter.

Registered
I switched to a Battery Tender battery (Supersmart BMS Lithium Battery, 12V 4.5AH, 270CCA, Batteries - Amazon Canada on my 2010 Fury in 2019 with around 65,000 miles. By itself I think this battery would have been great although I had to alter my cables to get it installed properly as it was shorter than the Yuasa. Unfortunately, I had earlier replaced the OEM regulator with an aftermarket regulator from RMStator (avoid this company at all costs!). Turned out it was the stator that needed to be replaced and there was nothing wrong with the OEM regulator. The Lithium Battery combined with the piece of shit regulator cost me my bike. Regulator allowed too much current into the bike frying the ECM, every light bulb, my GPS mount and the speed sensor. I was left stranded 150 miles from no where with no cell service. The resultant two day delay $600 tow bill, $800 U-Haul bill, $3,000 repair bill and additional hotel nights have not surprisingly left a bad taste in my mouth:cautious:. I now own a 2017 Fury and the Yuasa will stay and be replaced with another Yuasa.

Your Ctek charger will prolong the life of your battery preventing the early death many experience. I used to think it was crazy to put the bike on a tender until a forum member got 10 years on his original battery using the same charger and leaving it on all winter.
I got 8 years out of the 'original' Yuasa battery in a 2009 Honda DN01. The bike was 'dead' when I bought it 2012, it was sitting in a conex container being ready to be shipped overseas. Just jumped started it once and it kept running till 2017. I kept it on a DuraBoost battery tender (750mA), ALL the time except when riding her.

Registered

I second the use of a "smart"charger. With three cars and two bikes in the family we use the smart charges a lot. I have a Cetek on my son's bike as it has an AGM battery, a Noco Genius on my Fury as it has a Lithium battery and a much larger Noco Genius on my wife's Hyundi iX35 as she hardly uses her SUV since we started the various lockdowns back in 2020. I have lost track of how many batteries we have not purchased since using the smart chargers. If you don't have one already, get one as it will save you money and time replacing batteries.

Registered
I second the use of a "smart"charger. With three cars and two bikes in the family we use the smart charges a lot. I have a Cetek on my son's bike as it has an AGM battery, a Noco Genius on my Fury as it has a Lithium battery and a much larger Noco Genius on my wife's Hyundi iX35 as she hardly uses her SUV since we started the various lockdowns back in 2020. I have lost track of how many batteries we have not purchased since using the smart chargers. If you don't have one already, get one as it will save you money and time replacing batteries.
Yes! good clarification on the "smart" charger. They prevent overcharging which you could suffer from with a non smart charger.

The ones I use are Noco Genius 3500 on my Fury and Suzuki S40 and a Noco Genius5 for automobiles. I also wired my bike with a NOCO GBC009 Boost 18.5-Inch SAE Adapter Extension Cable For GB20/GB40/GB50 NOCO Boost UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starters, Batteries & Accessories - Amazon Canada so I can connect all of my accessories to the battery without altering the bikes wiring harness. Then I bring my Noco GB40 Boost Pack and if I need to boost the bike, I simply unplug the SAE adapter and plug in the Noco GB40. I have never needed it but I can now boost the bike on my own without needing any help if in the middle of no where. An added bonus is the GB40 has a USB port should I need to charge my cell phone.

Registered
Yes! good clarification on the "smart" charger. They prevent overcharging which you could suffer from with a non smart charger.

The ones I use are Noco Genius 3500 on my Fury and Suzuki S40 and a Noco Genius5 for automobiles. I also wired my bike with a NOCO GBC009 Boost 18.5-Inch SAE Adapter Extension Cable For GB20/GB40/GB50 NOCO Boost UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starters, Batteries & Accessories - Amazon Canada so I can connect all of my accessories to the battery without altering the bikes wiring harness. Then I bring my Noco GB40 Boost Pack and if I need to boost the bike, I simply unplug the SAE adapter and plug in the Noco GB40. I have never needed it but I can now boost the bike on my own without needing any help if in the middle of no where. An added bonus is the GB40 has a USB port should I need to charge my cell phone.
What do they say about great minds..... I also use the Genius 3500 on my Fury and the 7200 on my wife's SUV. That Noco booster/jump starter looks really good. I just have a more ordinary jump starter that does everything in the family. I also carry it with me when I'm riding out of the city and will take it with me when I ride up to see the wizard later this month.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts