Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to send out my rims for chroming and I am not sure what parts I should buy and replace when I put the rims back on. Also, I am thinking about going to a wider tire. How big can I go without modifications to the rim or the bike?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too am having my wheels done-But I decided on a chrome powder coat
which is a two part system,First the chrome then a clear coat-It looks
fantastic-I checked with my dealership and new seals were around 80 bux

------------------

#711 Burgundy Fury

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
This is from RSS"s FAQ, hope this helps answer your question.

Q: What is the biggest tire I can use on the stock Fury?

A: Safely, 210mm is the widest. 220mm with modified rim, read on.

A1: (***)Since this is a user made FAQ, I can honestly tell you that the 240/50/18 is the biggest size you can use on a stock Fury tire, it is a small rim, big tire combination*** but there will be minor issues with bolt and nuts not fitting that you may have to deal with. THIS is a mod to use at your own risk.(***) This will bulge out your tire, which is a safety risk and there are only currently less than 5 riders with this particular mod that are "known. YouTube - Honda Fury with the 240 Rear tire video As said in the video if you are still reading, 19mm, 14mm, for the stock 200mm tire and 13mm, 10mm for the 240mm tire. So, that will make it 210mm or so after this install.

A1: The 210mm rim will fit on the stock rim, but may look thinner than the stock tire, because of the height and general "shipped" width of the tire. If you refer to answer A3, you will see if you widen the rim, then add the 210mm tire, you will get the 209+mm tire that you are looking for.

A2: 250mm, with the Sumo-x version. This proven method to widening the tire is the Sumo-x version and looks good! But, this version will cost you $3,000+ for the WHOLE kit. You can order these in segments, which could be cheaper in the long run, determining on what you add. Here's the link: http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?P...keModelID=5793

A3: Another method described by Low and Mean, would be that of widening the stock or aftermarket rim to a MAX of 7", the current stock rear rim is 6.25" wide. This will allow for a 240mm tire to go on to the modified stock rim, but the total affect will measure at 220mm. This is a safer version of my A1 answer. The rim widening would be through Kosman.net or another wheel widener and takes 4-6 weeks to do (this is do to buyer-backup, damn Harley riders). If you have the free time, try this mod out. Most it will cost you is about $850 (if you have the right connections) with the stock rim, tire and all. Link: 240 tire on a Modified stock rim VIDEO

A4: Stock Fury rim with Sumo Fender: Sumo-X fender with stock tire

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I am going to send out my rims for chroming and I am not sure what parts I should buy and replace when I put the rims back on. Also, I am thinking about going to a wider tire. How big can I go without modifications to the rim or the bike?
Are you having them done locally or shipping them out of state? I'm almost ready to have mine done too. Mind me asking who is doing yours?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts