Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a Fury for quite sometime time now. Had a few deals fall though but got a great deal.
My wife works at the Honda plant in Marysville, Ohio they just make there 10,000,000 car a few months ago. Until about 2 years ago the motorcycle where also made here.

I bought this 2010 with only 50 miles on it for 7,700 from corp. headquaters. Just finishing the paperwork up. Now I need some help trying to find a shipper to get it from Cali to here Ohio. Having a hard time.

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Looks good bro. You will love it Ive been seeing a girl from Marysville be up there alot this summer we need to hook up and ride!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sounds good. I already got exhaust and controller. Bought DragBoats old exhaust

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Man what a hell of a deal! You damn buckeyes have all the luck!;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would take a few days off work, buy a plane ticket, and ride the thing back to ohio.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've gotten quotes from 450 up to 900. Trying to keep it around 600 and get it within a reasonable time frame. So far everyones all over the place with time and money

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
J ride it back then take it straight to the dealer and get your 600 mile check up.:D

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I agree with the other folks, ride it back! That way you set the time schedule and get to have all the fun of a good long ride.

One tip, if you have Honda Assist in the USA then get it. For AU $ 63 per year you get unlimited 24 x 7 breakdown / repair service / towing etc anywhere in Aus, so if I broke down in the middle of nowhere Honda would have one of their guys come out and get me going or get my bike to the nearest Honda dealer to be fixed and pay my accomodation while they fix it.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Congrats man, great deal. I suspect you will pay $650-$750 to get the bike from California. Besides removing the reflectors and adding the exhaust, what other mods do you have up your sleeves?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I Paid $400.00 to ship mine from Cal to NC but they also took the rest of my things so that might have helped the price ???:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
def get the Honda assist/ext. warranty.
ride the bike back to the house and then you'll know of one 'for sure' upgrade:

<wait for it...>

A NEW SEAT!

·
Registered
675 Posts
agrees with the other members....Fly out and ride it back. Buy a seat pad first. haha. also, progressive insurance also covers you on break downs and pays for rooms and meals if you break down while riding the bike on a destination. Might wanna try them. Good luck.......what am I saying.....you already got the luck of the irish with that price!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If you play games with pricing around too long the 450 ship with a longer time frame will already have passed and you could have the bike. Another option is to check delivery to other local major cities. I had my Grandma's van Shipped to Ft Lauderdale area and it was cheaper then where I am (closer to the freight lines hub)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next thing is a seat for sure. Been on here everyday for a few months and if there is one thing I've seen is the factory seat is not that great.
I don't have the time at work right now to take off and ride it back can't say I haven't thought about it. The days are finally getting nice out with no snow! Have a long list of upgrades and different things to try paint,fenders, intake, beaver tail, and reflectors as soon as it rolls of the truck.
Need to get with MFR and ride over to indy and get the T-mod

Anyone else having a rough after-paddies day morning?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done put the deposit on the shipping yesterday!! Wasn't that bad as far as price and timeframe goes. Cost $575 from Cail. to Ohio. As long as everything goes like it should my Fury will be here around April 7th. The weekend before the first ride.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Done put the deposit on the shipping yesterday!! Wasn't that bad as far as price and timeframe goes. Cost $575 from Cail. to Ohio. As long as everything goes like it should my Fury will be here around April 7th. The weekend before the first ride.
This is late BUT to anyone else out there:

My Bro in-law owns a shipping Company in Chicago Sparticus Logistics

Let me know next time and I bet he could get a great rate for ya.

Alot of times its by the mile charge and you need LTL rates so ot cost more plus PACKING no fuel no oil ect fire hazards:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts