Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Several threads have been posted from those being wrote tickets or feeled harrased by law enforcement. I posted te below in a thread concerning such and I decided to post it as a new thread for those to comment on and see others views as well as open the mind to those who feel cetain ways about Law Enforcement Officers and see our job/life from our eyes.

I see everyone has had their say and most understand that cops are human and humans very in how they handle things, but i want to go over a few things from one who writes tickets... yes i paint on the side and mostly discuss that on this forum, but its not my daily grind.

So Please Read and see the other side... behind the badge i call it.

1. If your speeding... your speeding. Plain and simple.

2. I will ask very simple (stupid) questions to the individual. Yes, i am aware they take it as me being a 'stupid cop', but what im realy checking is for alchol content from their breath and in their speach as well as reasoning ability from questioning their rout home to their vehicle modifications. I'm responsable for the motorist safety on the road and the safety from the motorist i pulled over.

3. My out look is when your civil to me, i am civil in retun. If your an A$$ to me when im doing my very dangerous job be prepared for me to look for something to find illegal or take my time checking your information and/or writing a ticket/warning.

4. How an officer sees anyone they pull over... We are trained to assume at first take when we pull you over that you will run, your drunk, you have a warrant, drugs or worst yet you have a gun or knife. When we verify you do not our guard will come down a degree. We put our life on the line with every stop we do.

5. What makes me sleep well at night when i write a ticket... I know that they wont speed on that road for a good while and that the people in my juristiction have been kept safe for my 12 hours. I could careless for the county budget because i don't get a raise for how many tickets i write. Tickets are alot of paperwork and required court apperances. They are pain in the ass, but are writin when necessary in my book.

6. Officers (along with military, rescue, EMS, Fire Fighters, etc...) get paid little for putting our life on the line everyday and to save other lives compaed to NBA, NFL, MLB, etc... who get millions and may pull a muscle!

7. We are treated like crap 90% of the time. We are hated from writing you a speeding ticket and cussed out as well as talked shit upon, but we are the first to be called when your robbed, held at gun point or in a wreck. (Case in point, i wrote a teenager girl... 17... a ticket for 10 over wh she was really going 17 over. Mom showed up cussing me out calling me every name in the book. Got a call 2 hours later. The same teenager's car was stolen because she left it running to keep her little dog cool while she shopped in the mall. Mom wanted me to do all i could to help them then. I did cause its my job. We found it... with the dog... and got no thank you from the teenager or the mom.)

Not everyones perfect, but try to see it from the one who wheres the badge perspective. Say Yes Sir, No Sir, Tell us you respect the badge and those that wear it. 50% of the time you'll wind up getting respect in return and be on your way with a warning or a reduced violation.

Just my two cents...

· Registered
374 Posts
This might not be one of those "can of worms" that really should be opened up here on the Fury forums, tbh. You point to the speeder that you stopped doing a few miles over the limit, I point to the whores standing on the corner a few blocks from the school my granddaughter goes to. You point to the street that you made "safer" for your 12 hours, i point to the street where a friend of mine was gunned down simply walking back home from the store just a few months ago. You give yourself a big pat on the back for stopping a guy for speeding, I place flowers on my buddies gravestone.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
This might not be one of those "can of worms" that really should be opened up here on the Fury forums, tbh. You point to the speeder that you stopped doing a few miles over the limit, I point to the whores standing on the corner a few blocks from the school my granddaughter goes to. You point to the street that you made "safer" for your 12 hours, i point to the street where a friend of mine was gunned down simply walking back home from the store just a few months ago. You give yourself a big pat on the back for stopping a guy for speeding, I place flowers on my buddies gravestone.
If the common belief were that someone were never to get a speeding ticket, we would all haul ass everywhere.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
If the common belief were that someone were never to get a speeding ticket, we would all haul ass everywhere.
The upside of that, in terms of population-control, is that it would certainly and quickly "thin-the-herd". LOL.

Cheers

· Registered
114 Posts
My favorite thing to bring up is the term police like to use around here "known crack house". How is a "known crack house" still selling crack?

I have no beef with cops. I have had to call them out several times without any luck. Most cops are just there to clean up the mess not prevent anything anyways.

But, I am always respectful when I get pulled over. For the most part its not their fault they are d!cks. Its just the job. I got pulled over last Saturday night on the way home from the lake in my truck. I was doing 75 in a 65, expired inspection, and had a few beers that night. I was very respectful to the state trooper, handed him my insurance, license and my CHL. He looked everything over, accepted my excuse for the inspection sticker, and let me off with a warning. I also pull way off the highway. All of my tires were off the shoulder in the grass.

A little common courtesy goes a long way.

· Premium Member
702 Posts
As to not incriminate myself I will be vague. I have spent quite a bit of time on both sides of the law. I have spent my time in jail for everything from vandalism (guilty), controlled substances (guilty), theft (not guilty) but got the time anyway. Now my best friend is a police officer and I am on the right side of the law (have been for 8 years or so). Even when I was not, I understood that I was breaking the law and when I was arrested I was always civil. I was told by an officer in Madison Wisconsin that I "was the nicest person he had ever arrested". I even asked the arresting officer, quite a cute little brunette, for her number. :cool:
There are some police officers that join the force because the have a power trip, but that does not change the fact that they are risking their lives AND their family's well being to protect you and me from the person I used to be.
The upside to my past is that I now see things that may go unnoticed by your average joe and do not hesitate to call the police when I see a situation that calls for it.
It sucks that sometimes the officer ends up writing a speeding ticket instead of busting the hooker on the corner or taking down the guy that shot a friend on his way home. Truth of the matter is, if the speeder had not been speeding then that would be one more officer that is available to address the real issues.
I'm not saying that I don't speed, sometimes my wrist twists that throttle a little more than it should. But if I get a ticket when that happens, I'm surely not going to whine about it. Crap I got caught, luck was not on my side that time.

Easy E - Thanks for all you and your fellow officers do. Stay safe out there.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
The upside of that, in terms of population-control, is that it would certainly and quickly "thin-the-herd". LOL.

Cheers
Lol, we can only wish survival of the fittest can't we... and unfortunately, "thinning of the herd" only happens in nature, not in the human world... :(

totally agree... but for a couple of miles over the speed limit, you can call that just ridiculous... (cept in a school zone)

Totally agree, with you on this too... I wouldn't point it out as strong as you would as it sounds like you have more underlying issues than this thread could probably help though.

On the other hand, Police would be more respected in the public's eye, if they actually went after the people that were actually causing or doing real crimes, instead of passing it onto the general public, as their "main money maker"... Busting bad guys taxes the state more than helping it, where penalizing the common everyday individual helps the state with its revenue, in order to pay for those cops that are giving you the ticket... :rolleyes:

They need to balance it more, rather than leaning to one side or another. Some of these issues are:

Gun Control: look at the statistics in any state or city, when common citizens are allowed to own guns or carry them more so, the crime is actually down... because the common criminal is afraid of getting shot too...

They only penalize those law abiding citizens by creating more gun laws, do you think that a criminal really cares about a gun law???

This is obviously a little off subject I know, but, its not like the Police have said... no, really... it doesn't work either...

Mary-Jane usage: The statistics are there for this as well. Do we really need to go into how many deaths are caused by legal items, such as alcohol and many other things compared to mary-jane... How much tax payer money that we are wasting on a drug that has never caused an OD, just from smoking it... Really, how threatening is that Cheetos bag today?

Also, off subject because it is more the LAW makers assinine decisions since the Nixon administration, not the Police... but again, its not like the Police have said... no, really... it doesn't work either...

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Being a "throttle-junkie", I've gotten more than any one man's share of speeding tickets, but I don't recall ever getting one that I really didn't deserve. I rationalize it this way: when I do get one, it just kinda makes up for all the ones that I didn't get, but dearly deserved. LOL.

Cheers

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Good post Easy, I agree with you 100%. I can’t remember the last time I was pulled over, probably 10-15 years ago, but being civil and courteous to the officer is priority #1. A little common sense will tell you that if you’re an a$$, things are not going to go your way.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
I think the point of the thread is drifting. Easy E was making a point about traffic violations b/c that is the main compaint around here. I am sure Easy E does has his share of violent crime.

Easy E, stay safe.

Indigestion, I'm sorry for your loss.

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
i wouldnt want easyes job and i for one am glad he is out there.its not mutch diff than the guys and girls standining the wall over seas.they are there to protect us.if you are wrong,be a man about it.nuff said

· Registered
355 Posts
First, I have no problems with being pulled over. I understand it is my ass if I am speeding, drunk or what ever. I just don't like it when the guy who pulls me over goes on a power trip. I have always been respectful to the officer if pulled over. They are not always respectful back.

Second, use spell check.:D

I was recently pulled over in front of my home in my Acura RSX. He asks "going a bit fast back there though the school zone"? (Sunday @ 5:30pm) "Yea, how fast was that?" I said.
"I am not sure, I just caught up with you. You were a bit fast through the neighborhood, also. Your tint is a little dark, isn't it?"
"A little, 30 in a 25? Ok." I said as I hand him my license and insurance. As he runs my information, my wife asks what is a ricer. Apparently she heard him say something about my cay as I was getting my stuff together. I told her I was supposed to be a punk kid, not a grown, middle thirties, man. The officer comes back and says "I can't cite you with anything, but you were going to fast."
Now, that being said, I know I was going a little faster than the limit, and He did not have his radar on or he would have known how fast. I was doing about 45 in a 35 on a 4 lane road. If it was between 8am and 9am or 2:30pm to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, he could have got me good, but I am never going though there during those times.

Another time, I was going to work on ST patty's day, and stopped at an ID checkpoint at the intersection just before my workplace, and the officer who checked my license says in a snooty way, "Everyone is trying to get home tonight, eh?" Now I know he does not know me, but I doubt he would ever make detective, as his powers of observation were very lacking. My zip code was from across the county, I am wearing a uniform with the company name on it, I have a parking permit in my window saying where I work. And, we are less than 500 feet from the entrance to the facility. Not to mention it is one of the most recognized business names in the southeast. (Dixie Crystals)

· Registered
132 Posts
Lostshore,

I understand where you are coming from. But you do know these guys get SHOT at from these cars they pull over. A punk kid is likely to drive faster or run, and on St. Paddy's day people are likely to want to get home faster then back out to the bars. SO WHAT if the cop says something snooty! BE THE BIGGER MAN! You've got some issues with cops, that's for sure, but you know you would have a less stressful life if you just let the stupid people be stupid and let the @$$holes be @$$holes and just get on with you life.

I have been pulled for legitimate reasons. DUI, reckless driving 90 in a 65, speeding, running a stop sign, right on red without stopping. Wanna know the only one that stuck? The DUI. The reason being that I was respectful, courteous, and truly sorry for my dumbass action. And with the DUI, the arresting officer went on record asking for leniency in sentencing based on my attitude during the arresting process.

Now if we want to complain about something, let's all go after the Rent-A-Cops. They think they have the authority to do whatever they want and they treat people like crap....

· Registered
66 Posts
You have got to be kidding. . . .now we have whining cops on the forum!!
Been harassed too many times. Respect is earned.
I can take care of myself and my family. . . don't need a cop. . . never have and never will.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
I hate cops!
In my world cops are nothing more then criminals on the right side of the fence.
You know as well as I do it is all about your state making money.
You want respect? You just said you see us as guilty before you even speak to us.
You violate our rights with no consequence and make the so called law work to your favor only!
Some members of my family was and are cops and as cops I wouldn't piss on one to put them out.
As regular people they are o.k.
You seem like a nice guy Easy. Maybe a good cop. If you are you would be the first I heard of.
And beleive me, I would never call you (cops) for anything. I am quite capable of handling things myself. Your twisted laws force me to call you.
And you gotta remember. It was nobody's choice but yours to put your life on the line as you call it.
No offense directly to you EASY but you asked. You have helped me out a lot here as a forum member and I could only hope your the same as a cop.
This is just my opinion.
I could go into great detail but it would be alot of typing.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.