Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
WHY?? they look a little cooler because you can get different pully's and it would free up a little more space for a bigger tire but the shaft has such an instant feel and is very low maintnance.

You could do the swap but would have to change the swingarm, and the output on the trans plus the rim. Cost and from what i see not too much of a benefit i dont think it is worth it
Ummm agree on the worth... sure they look kind of cool.. but seriously, make you're own ride... don't imitate right? Isn't that what choppers is about.... Take a deep breath and realize that we don't ever have to worry about our pant legs getting caught on a pully of any kind.... I know it rarely happens, just pointing out one thing is all, besides reliability...

and ditto...

Not I. But then again I have not looked into converting to a belt as I rather shaft drive.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
That's the point i was planning on getting new rims, bigger tire and a new rear fender. As far as maintenance, are you serious, that's one of the points of having toys is so you can work on them and make them your own and a few more ponies never hurt no-one. But definitely a next winter project.
Seriously...? (have to say it out front, I'm anti-pulley) But to put a pulley on this bike just to make it look like other choppers is kind of "out there"; in the fact that the shaft drive is really reliable. I like the look of the pulley drive seriously!, especially with the big belt mod that they have on bikes, but it doesn't make sense to me, even trying to make it "your own", to somewhat ruin the rides reliability is just weird...

Yes, with a 4 inch belt on there, it most likely won't have issues, but it's just reaching... Might as well buy a pulley/belt driven bike or a Hardley if you wanted to go that direction.... Which, most of us are trying not to do obviously... As a final word, to each his own as I admire individuality...! Just my common sense says no...

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I would have to agree. I hate the look of the shaft drive and love the look of belt drive. However, I chose to purchase reliability and I see no reason to change it just for the look. But again, to each their own and if it's in your budget, I think it would look awesome.:D
Oh, nm... I need ebonics when I'm drinking, lol...

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.