Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to put it off but for me the fat tire is a must.
All I hear is "cool lookin bike, needs a fatter rear tire."
Is the sumo the only one availible?
Where would be the best (cheapest) place to get it? I have seen another site where you can buy it peice by peice but I want the whole shabang.
THANKS.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
On a previous thread YEYO had mentioned that he put a 240 tire on a stock rim. Hopefully he'll post all the details to the tire type etc. Could be a less expensive alternative minus the hard tail mod.
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...ch-ts-hard-tail-unit.html?highlight=Hard+tail
That 240 will only bulge on the stock rim. It'll only be 10mm wider tops, and it'll just look like the tire is eating the wheel. The only way to go is the Sumo-X kit which will be close to four grand after install. Goodluck!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been trying to put it off but for me the fat tire is a must.
All I hear is "cool lookin bike, needs a fatter rear tire."
Is the sumo the only one availible?
Where would be the best (cheapest) place to get it? I have seen another site where you can buy it peice by peice but I want the whole shabang.
THANKS.
If you want to wait a few months, we will have a kit that can take up to a 360 available. But big $$! About 6K.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want to wait a few months, we will have a kit that can take up to a 360 available. But big $$! About 6K.
Holy crap! 6k?
A 360 might be a little much. Along with the $6000.
Another 4 or $5000 I could buy another fury!

·
Registered
773 Posts
The widest wheel/tire your going to get under the stock frame is a 220mm/9" that's widening the stock rim to 7" and putting on a 240/40-18 tire. Any wider than that you might as well buy the Sumo-x kit, as it's the most affordable and best quality you will find.
Here's a link to our Honda Fury widen rear rim video with the 240 tire.
LM

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The widest wheel/tire your going to get under the stock frame is a 220mm/9" that's widening the stock rim to 7" and putting on a 240/40-18 tire. Any wider than that you might as well buy the Sumo-x kit, as it's the most affordable and best quality you will find.
Here's a link to our Honda Fury widen rear rim video with the 240 tire.
LM
Chris, do you have any pictures of the bike put back together with the widened rim?

Has anyone else done this yet?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yup. 6K IS expensive and we really don't expect to sell that many. It's more just for bragging rights for the Fattest Fatty. That and 2 bucks will get you a basic Starbucks coffee. :rolleyes:
It's based around our G2 Fat Box. In order to get the width and keep the same driveline centerline, we offset the driveshaft with a gear driven gearbox. This is a picture of a VTX setup. Fury Will use the same Fat Box with different swingarm. It will also give us the opportunity to drop the bike at the same time.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.