Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I have been searching all over the forums but was wanting some more up to date ideas for better gas mileage.

I hear the fuel controller is a must but do I need a different exhaust also; ex. cobra swept pipes
Do I need a new air filter ?

Anything else would be helpful..I just bought the bike on Saturday and I am loving it!

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
You can put a fuel controller on a stock bike, but most have at least an after market exhaust and intake. One thing with getting better gas mileage is going to be the break in of the engine, just like a car/truck that is new isn't going to get as good as a vehicle that's broke in, I don't know if your bike is new or used, but you really have a couple choices, buy a FC and put it on a stock bike, break the bike in some and it will get better mileage, or do all the above, might want to read the FAQ also might be some info that's useful to you there, here's a link: http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/3566-honda-fury-faq.html

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Since our Fury's come set-up lean from the factory, adding a fuel-controller can only reduce your fuel mileage. An after-market fuel-controller only allows you to make the fuel-mix richer, in the interest of enhanced performance (power and acceleration) throughout the powerband. The price of better performance (power) is increased fuel consumption. Sorry, there ain't no free rides.................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
at 126 mile i put in 2.1 gal on sat.126 on sunday the same amount.quite happy with that.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
at 126 mile i put in 2.1 gal on sat.126 on sunday the same amount.quite happy with that.
Remarkably consistent results! I assume you covered the same route both times? Any way, that's great mileage.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
guess I need to see how much I'm putting in the bike as my light always comes on at 120 or above, came on at 128 the day before yesterday.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
From another posting I just did:

One other thing to consider, guys; our fuel-level sensors are very simple, loosely-calibrated, not-very-accurate, potentiometers; i.e., no two will read the same. Just FWIW...........

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts