Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( from another post ). A Fury looks best without a windshield, no doubt. But let's face it - on a longer ride, or especially at night time when bugs are about, a windshield makes your ride much nicer.
I"ve tried several, including expensive ones from Memphis Shades, fairings, and so forth. The one listed below is both the cheapest ( $45 bucks) AND my fav for several reasons. First, it's VERY easy to take on an off. Far more easier than the far more expensive system from Memphis Shades. Secondly, it's pretty compact, still provides great wind protection, and doesn't deter from the look of the bike as much as a bigger shield. And if I take a long ride and then want to buzz around, I can take it off in a few seconds and store it in my saddle bags. The one in this Ebay listing comes with 1" handlebar mounts, but you'll need 1 1/4" for a Fury, which you can buy separately on Ebay. I now have these on both of my Fury's, and my big clumsy Memphis Shades shield just sits on a shelf collecting dust. http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-1-Handl...ash=item2a69a09fc4:g:OhsAAOSwbqpTsjND&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I agree with your first sentence but always willing to learn something new, can you post photo of it fitted to your bike, difficult to see what fitted and finished looks like from ebay photo.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
never been a fan of the look of them but being a smaller shield doesn't look to bad and as you said cheap enough too. >:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
( from another post ). A Fury looks best without a windshield, no doubt. But let's face it - on a longer ride, or especially at night time when bugs are about, a windshield makes your ride much nicer.
I"ve tried several, including expensive ones from Memphis Shades, fairings, and so forth. The one listed below is both the cheapest ( $45 bucks) AND my fav for several reasons. First, it's VERY easy to take on an off. Far more easier than the far more expensive system from Memphis Shades. Secondly, it's pretty compact, still provides great wind protection, and doesn't deter from the look of the bike as much as a bigger shield. And if I take a long ride and then want to buzz around, I can take it off in a few seconds and store it in my saddle bags. The one in this Ebay listing comes with 1" handlebar mounts, but you'll need 1 1/4" for a Fury, which you can buy separately on Ebay. I now have these on both of my Fury's, and my big clumsy Memphis Shades shield just sits on a shelf collecting dust. 7 8 1" Handlebars Large 19"x17" Smoke Universal Motorcycle Windshield New | eBay
I use Memphis Shades, it had a quick release:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wondering what 1 1/4 hardware you purchased that fit with this windshield? Did a search and found the below but not sure it'll work...

Slipstreamer 1 1 4" Handlebar Hardware Kit for SS 20 Stealth Windshield | eBay

Thanks
That's just the handlebar mount. You need the entire kit including the windshield mount.
Here's a link to the complete mount kit. You can probably also find one that includes the windshield and kit if you look.
Slipstreamer Spit Fire Viper Cobra Complete A 3 Hardware Kit w 1 1 4" Clamps | eBay

·
Registered
438 Posts
I"ve tried several, including expensive ones from Memphis Shades, fairings, and so forth. The one listed below is both the cheapest ( $45 bucks) AND my fav for several reasons. First, it's VERY easy to take on an off. Far more easier than the far more expensive system from Memphis Shades. Secondly, it's pretty compact, still provides great wind protection, and doesn't deter from the look of the bike as much as a bigger shield. And if I take a long ride and then want to buzz around, I can take it off in a few seconds and store it in my saddle bags. The one in this Ebay listing comes with 1" handlebar mounts, but you'll need 1 1/4" for a Fury, which you can buy separately on Ebay. I now have these on both of my Fury's, and my big clumsy Memphis Shades shield just sits on a shelf collecting dust. http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-1-Handl...ash=item2a69a09fc4:g:OhsAAOSwbqpTsjND&vxp=mtr
Looks are certainly a personal preference. I put my Windvest on in 2010 and it has never come off. Personally, I think the bike looks better with it. From a functional standpoint it has enhanced the comfort of the last 71,000+ miles immensely and I would recommend it to anyone. As to the cost --- WORTH IT!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's just the handlebar mount. You need the entire kit including the windshield mount.
Here's a link to the complete mount kit. You can probably also find one that includes the windshield and kit if
Hiya! Could you link another one? The one in your link is unavailable now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts