Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering if you guys/gals had any intentions of making an aftermarket fender option for those of us that plan to keep the stock 200mm tire on the bike? I can't stand how high Honda made the stock rear fender sit above the tire, but love the look you guys went with on the 240mm conversion kit. Though I'd love to go the 240 route, monetarily that's not so much an option for me in the foreseeable future; but a better rear fender that could mate up with only minor modifications for a couple of hundred bucks or so is what I would like to see.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
396 Posts
???

I was just wandering if you guys/gals had any intentions of making an aftermarket fender option for those of us that plan to keep the stock 200mm tire on the bike? I can't stand how high Honda made the stock rear fender sit above the tire, but love the look you guys went with on the 240mm conversion kit. Though I'd love to go the 240 route, monetarily that's not so much an option for me in the foreseeable future; but a better rear fender that could mate up with only minor modifications for a couple of hundred bucks or so is what I would like to see.

Thanks,
Jamie
Jamie,
If you remove your seat & rear fender & look at the frame, I think you will see why this has not been done. I feel to get a “good” look, the rear of the frame would need to be cut off. I do not feel this is something that most people would be willing to do & I do not really blame them. There may be some options coming soon, keep an eye on the forum.

Thank you,
Troy

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Jamie,
If you remove your seat & rear fender & look at the frame, I think you will see why this has not been done. I feel to get a “good” look, the rear of the frame would need to be cut off. I do not feel this is something that most people would be willing to do & I do not really blame them. There may be some options coming soon, keep an eye on the forum.

Thank you,
Troy
Also another reason for this is tire/rear suspension travel. Most of us that ride the Fury like the cushion that we get from our ride compared to a custom chopper ride... I admit, it is a little high too, but it is not as unreasonable as some other designs out there... and my butt sure does appreciate it... :D

Also on this reply, can't wait to see what accutronix comes up with...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that a setup similar to the Harley Rocker could be done and still function properly. A new fender that could be directly anchored/bolted to the swingarm, and flowed smoothly/closely over the tire, would still maintain a constant height (regardless of suspension travel) and work fine. Then support brackets/new seat pan/seat could make it possible for the rider to still have a great softail ride with a custom look to boot.

Making something like this possible and still offering a passenger pillion would be difficult, but with a design such as the rocker, it is possible.

Maybe I'll invest in some fiberglass and attempt it myself someday, but I see no reason why a custom shop such as those on this site (who have the tools/experience required) couldn't pull this off.

I still remain hopeful...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
That gap between the fender and the seat is horrible. It is even worse with the Rocker C. There are kits out there to fix this but they start around $3,500. IMO this is one of the biggest flaws with the Rocker. Fender is tight to the wheel, but look what it cost you to do it. One ugly looking set up. Again, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I agree, not to mention the rocker was just uncomfortable altogether. I was torn between the rocker and the fury and yes the rocker was faster but the fury 10x more comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts