1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
What do you want to know?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its a great intake, but you need to get a TB cover, as by removing the factory intake and putting the B,A,K on you can see all the ugly wires and plugs on the TB out in the open. the great thing about the B,A,K. is the sound you get when its running, plus the added performance, the B,A,K can handle upto to a 120HP motor. the center cone, must be placed in the correct spot for max air flow. easy to follow install specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put one on a year ago and still have the stock exhaust with no fuel commander. Ther bike runs fine (probably not much power gain with no other alterations but certainly no adverse effects)..... no joke about the sound as the bike under a load makes as much "puff" sound from the intake as the stock exhausts put out. Its a nice look on top of it all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got a '10 Fury in matte silver a few days ago. I was thinking about putting this on my bike because the stock one sticks out too far making my leg touch it. How much less does this one stick out compared to the stock intake?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great. I read that you need a throttle body cover to really finish the look with this intake kit. Does anybody know of one that is chrome instead of the black plastic one I keep seeing? I saw thunder mfg has an 'adapter' that has a chrome throttle body cover but that wouldn't work with this intake kit, right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just put my BAK air intake on about a week ago and it looks like hell with everything showing. So ordered a cover and the mail yesterday from Troy at Accutronix. He said they only come in powder coated black he's tried to get them done in chrome but it doubles the price and he was not happy with the chrome.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Great. I read that you need a throttle body cover to really finish the look with this intake kit. Does anybody know of one that is chrome instead of the black plastic one I keep seeing? I saw thunder mfg has an 'adapter' that has a chrome throttle body cover but that wouldn't work with this intake kit, right?
This is what I bought for the adapter-http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=387 they do have chrome- but it is a few $ more

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its a great intake, but you need to get a TB cover, as by removing the factory intake and putting the B,A,K on you can see all the ugly wires and plugs on the TB out in the open. the great thing about the B,A,K. is the sound you get when its running, plus the added performance, the B,A,K can handle upto to a 120HP motor. the center cone, must be placed in the correct spot for max air flow. easy to follow install specs.
All Baron and LA Choppers kits include a throttlebody cover as of 01/01/11......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the LA chopper big air kit on my bike it sticks out more than the factory. Also you better watch a weather report before you head out. They will suck up water fast, I reoiled my filter and still didn't help. Hope the bak is better than mine....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the LA chopper big air kit on my bike it sticks out more than the factory. Also you better watch a weather report before you head out. They will suck up water fast, I reoiled my filter and still didn't help. Hope the bak is better than mine....
Don't the BAKs come with rain covers?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Have never heard of anyone having issues by riding in the rain without a sock over a spike or any other intake, I of course wouldn't suggest trying to find rain storms to ride in, but if you happen to get caught you'll be ok.

Myself I rode two hours in a downpour and never had any issues besides some of the oil getting washed out of my spike filter, which you can buy a K&N air filter recharge kit for like $12 and it has a filter cleaner spray and oil, plus putting a sock on it is going to restrict the amount of air that the bike is taking in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts