Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard Big Dog mentioned here before but I saw the Big Dog Coyote for the first time. Looks alot like a Fury to me. Or does a Fury look alot like it?

In the article I read they noted the thing vibrated so much it rendered the mirrors useless from 0 to redline. Ah, no thanks. Nice pipes though.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Link?

I recall reading the article but I don't think thay did the comparo with the Coyote...

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is the closest looking bike to the fury i've seen yet.... but whats the sticker price? and i've heard even more horror stories about big dog bikes constantly breaking down than i have heard about Harleys.

I'd rather be riding than fixing

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Big Dog was out first under a different name. In 2008 it was called the Mutt. In 2009, they renamed it the Coyote. The differences being polished aluminum struts for mounting a sissy bar, polished aluminum wheels instead of spokes, and and the exhaust on the 2009 Coyote looks more like the Fury then the 2008 Mutt exhaust.

I am actually selling my Fury because I bought a 2008 Big Dog Mutt brand new. They had an excellent price on it. It has more of the stuff I wanted on my Fury without the wait. I loved my Fury but I love my Big Dog Mutt more.

I like my air cooled, carbureted, 1916 cc, belt driven beast. Yes it is old fashioned but I absolutely love the fact that the bike has no plastic! Yes it vibrates more than the Fury but I don't own a motorcycle to feel like I'm riding in a Lexus. The mirros are far from useless. I use mine just fine. The vibration is most apparent at idle same as Harley Dynas.

For those wondering, the handling is near identical to the Fury. The ride is marginally more stiff.

My smile was big on the Fury. It is even bigger on my Big Dog.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Brandon, that is a nice looking bike! but air cooled, and carbureted?
And at twice the price of the Fury?

Thank you.

It wasn't even close to twice the price. This bike cost me less than what some members already have into their Fury. Twice the price of a Fury would be 26,000. For 26,000 you can buy a 2009 Big Dog K9.

I paid 18,900 for that bike out the door.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Okay , now I am interested!
but still, air, carb, and belt, VS liquid, injection, and shaft.
Ride that puppy and report back in a few. please. I am objective here, thanks so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is the closest looking bike to the fury i've seen yet.... but whats the sticker price? and i've heard even more horror stories about big dog bikes constantly breaking down than i have heard about Harleys.

I'd rather be riding than fixing
Agreed.....never answered the question....whats the cost? I also agree it is a sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you.

It wasn't even close to twice the price. This bike cost me less than what some members already have into their Fury. Twice the price of a Fury would be 26,000. For 26,000 you can buy a 2009 Big Dog K9.

I paid 18,900 for that bike out the door.
Nice Bike! Sounds like the same price I paid for my fury up here in Canada...Being a previous HD owner- you gotta like the big HD motor and all that metal...Some great Mod ideas for my fury just looking at yours.
Cheers
JS

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had the big inch bike! 100 cu in RevTech. Love the sound and loved the 6 spd. But I gotta say cruisin' downtown stuck at a light and in traffic. Gotta love it when the fan comes on and my buddy beside me with his Rocker C we have to pull over cause the engine is spitting and sputtering cause it's overheating! The climates we have here in Canada you would constantly be tuning the crap out of it to run right with the temps we have up here. I know I had to do it with my Revtech. Got rid of my chopper to have fuel injection and liquid cooled. Even if I had to give up 40 horse and 30 foot pounds of torque. This is a picture of my old bike I got rid of to buy the Fury!

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not stuck on the side of the road anymore! But my buddies are! Sorry to hear you wanna get ride of your Fury!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had the big inch bike! 100 cu in RevTech. Love the sound and loved the 6 spd. But I gotta say cruisin' downtown stuck at a light and in traffic. Gotta love it when the fan comes on and my buddy beside me with his Rocker C we have to pull over cause the engine is spitting and sputtering cause it's overheating! The climates we have here in Canada you would constantly be tuning the crap out of it to run right with the temps we have up here. I know I had to do it with my Revtech. Got rid of my chopper to have fuel injection and liquid cooled. Even if I had to give up 40 horse and 30 foot pounds of torque. This is a picture of my old bike I got rid of to buy the Fury!

Pretty bike! I understand where you are coming from. You cannot beat the Fury on reliability.

I test drove a Rocker C when I was looking around. I couldn't get a 2009 out the door for less than 20,000. That thing was hot!!!! The 96B engine runs so hot because of the incredibly lean tune to meet EPA restrictions. In order to get it running cooler you have to add exhaust, air cleaner and a FI remap. Perhaps even an oil cooler.

This Big Dog has to meet the same EPA restrictions but isn't anywhere near as hot as a Harley. I've been riding it around town while it has been around 100 degrees. No problems yet. I am going to change the stock pipes though and re-jet the carb. Gonna put the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes that I so wanted on my Fury.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not stuck on the side of the road anymore! But my buddies are! Sorry to hear you wanna get ride of your Fury!
Honestly, I'm selling it because I have to or my wife will kill me. I would love to keep it. She said I could only keep one. LMAO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Agreed.....never answered the question....whats the cost? I also agree it is a sweet looking bike.
See above. I stated I paid 18,900 for the bike.

Big Dog is offering incentives for purchasing a 2008 model.

4,000.00 cash allowance on 2008 Mutts.

Additionally they are offering the new shoes promo for 2008 Mutts. If you don't like the spoke wheels on the 2008s you can switch them to the wheels on the 2009 Coyote which are polished aluminum 12 spoke wheels for no cost.

Also an additional 750.00 cash allowance for service members or retired veterans.

Big Dog Motorcycles - Current Sales Incentives

1 - 16 of 16 Posts