Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

If I were to use the L & M 8 Degree Fork Extenders - could i put a larger tire and rim on the front end?:D

·
Banned
622 Posts
u would need to get a hold of mat hotch at hot match for new lower down tubs on the forks so that u can still mount a fender... u can run a 24 upfront aslong as he can make it for you ... u may need to change the whole tube... i want a set of air ride tubes for the front of mine but little out of the old budget right now... but it can be done just what u wanna spend to do it

·
Registered
396 Posts
u would need to get a hold of mat hotch at hot match for new lower down tubs on the forks so that u can still mount a fender... u can run a 24 upfront aslong as he can make it for you ... u may need to change the whole tube... i want a set of air ride tubes for the front of mine but little out of the old budget right now... but it can be done just what u wanna spend to do it
That may work, or you could install a 24" wheel & tire and a new fender with longer sides that reach your stock fork legs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
why do you have to have a front fender?

·
Banned
622 Posts
not so important for the fender but u have the ears for the mount in the way... it would look shitty.... ive asked a few shops and u have to replace atleast the feet of the fork for a 24 and with that u have a new fender mount... but then u need a set of wheels all way round so they match.. i would guess if u shopped around u would spend between 2 to 5 thousand to complete it and be right .....it wont be a cheap mod but damn would it look fine!!! u might could find a wheel company that can reproduce your wheel in a 24 ... if u had the cash that would be sick!!!! that way u keep rear but still apear factory

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Hell, if you're going through the trouble, I'd go bigger :D 26" Front would be SICK! :cool: That's where I draw the line, the 30's that came out are a master piece, but that's just too big :eek:

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if I used the fork extenders it would be doable - i could handle no front fender for a lil while - this might be my next mod after the fork extenders and forward controls - im lucky thats all i got left on the mod list - everything else i have bought and thrown on there.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I have only on question; WHY???

Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have only on question; WHY???

Cheers

Why do any of us do the things we do to the bike? Individualization my dear Watson. :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Why do any of us do the things we do to the bike? Individualization my dear Watson. :)
Your point is well taken; I keep forgetting that practicality and choppers are oxymoronic, kinda' like "military intelligence". LOL.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts