Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2011 FURY that won’t start. Cranks fine but will not fire. I parked on Friday and that was last time it ran. I’ve tried everything I know. I had a cobra Fi2000 power controller but Cobra said pull it out after I told them it was flashing red continuously. I pulled it out, reconnected the fuel injector wires and tried again. No joy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would check the red kill switch. Sometimes shop gremlins like to play jokes. You never know.

Reactions: Gizmo and macxpert

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've bumped that kill switch a few times and had the exact same symptoms.

He indicated that it cranks but does not fire up / come to life.

If the kill switch is off it won't even crank.

I suspect electrical tied in to his disconnecting the Cobra Power Commander.

Or a blown fuse in fuel injection circuit if he's getting spark.

Member Kbuskill is very knowledgeable and always has accurate information and is helpful. Hopefully he will see this and will chime in with suggestions and troubleshooting procedures.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Air. Fuel. Spark. Need all three. It cranks, so you have power. Pull a plug wire, put an allen key inside the boot, making contact with the conductor. Hold it so the other end is just like 1/4" from a ground on the frame. Try to start it. If you have spark, you will see it and hear it make that jump. By the way, hold it with something insulated, like a pair of linesman pliers or you will get shocked. Test the fuel by spraying some starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts and then dies once it consumes all the starting fluid, it is a fuel issue. Once you know which is the problem, can start narrowing it down.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
This ^^^ . The only other thing I would add to the Air, Fuel, Spark list would be compression, but it ran recently so not likely to be an issue.

Maybe the injector harnesses didn't get plugged back in all the way???

Check all of your fuses with a test light or physically pull them and check them for continuity with a meter.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
He indicated that it cranks but does not fire up / come to life.

If the kill switch is off it won't even crank.

I suspect electrical tied in to his disconnecting the Cobra Power Commander.

Or a blown fuse in fuel injection circuit if he's getting spark.

Member Kbuskill is very knowledgeable and always has accurate information and is helpful. Hopefully he will see this and will chime in with suggestions and troubleshooting procedures.
I forgot about that, it's been years since I bumped that switch.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This ^^^ . The only other thing I would add to the Air, Fuel, Spark list would be compression, but it ran recently so not likely to be an issue.

Maybe the injector harnesses didn't get plugged back in all the way???

Check all of your fuses with a test light or physically pull them and check them for continuity with a meter.
yes sir''
air,fuel,spark,compression,and exhaust.. was the check list when working on boat engines.. have been doing it for 30 years..

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
241 Posts
Yeah, Tell us DAMIT!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
552 Posts
This is a phycological experiment on us. Can't you all see what is happening? This is a government conspiracy, combined with the top officials of Harley Davidson. They are trying to turn us against our Furys. They plant seed of unreliability and the next thing you know, everyone is afraid to take their bike out. I bet this Fury in question is idling at a perfect 870 RPMs as we speak. By the way, I haven't heard from Mason Lucas lately.😂😂😂

1 - 20 of 20 Posts