Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, having trouble with the bike. It sat for a while only starting occasionally. When I began riding again everything seemed normal but when I’d gas it on the high way it would sputter and I’d have to down shift too get my power back and then keep riding. It would do that one or two times on a 10 mile trip. Issues eventually cleared up after riding for a week long. Used the bike for about a month every day and it was running great. Fast forward about 3-4 months and not using the bike after I moved and the bike is idleing terribly, and can’t even get Into first gear without the bike shutting off. I replaced fuel filter to the new type (old filter was disgusting), Replaced gas. Thought that had to be the issue, started bike up and drove it down the road and it is still sputtering and making a “wahhhhh” noise when I get up to about 30 mph like if it isn’t getting gas. Checked if the fuel pump was working and confirmed it had great flow. Bike sat for another month. Removed injectors today to check for any debri in the filter, injectors seem to be clean and they seem to be working properly. Bike currently won’t get out of first gear without bogging out. Are there any idea you guys can shoot my way.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Checked spark plugs, all good, checked compression, also removed intake and tried running bike for a short time with it off, will try resetting ecu thanks
[/QU
Remove the gas cap, start it up and try idling it. I know it doesn't sound like much, but your gas cap could be causing a vapor lock. If that doesn't pan out, raise the back of your tank and make sure the two large hoses aren't kinked. Check the small hose going down to the EVAP canister. All three are accessable just by raising the tank.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
864 Posts
Hey guys, having trouble with the bike. It sat for a while only starting occasionally. When I began riding again everything seemed normal but when I’d gas it on the high way it would sputter and I’d have to down shift too get my power back and then keep riding. It would do that one or two times on a 10 mile trip. Issues eventually cleared up after riding for a week long. Used the bike for about a month every day and it was running great. Fast forward about 3-4 months and not using the bike after I moved and the bike is idleing terribly, and can’t even get Into first gear without the bike shutting off. I replaced fuel filter to the new type (old filter was disgusting), Replaced gas. Thought that had to be the issue, started bike up and drove it down the road and it is still sputtering and making a “wahhhhh” noise when I get up to about 30 mph like if it isn’t getting gas. Checked if the fuel pump was working and confirmed it had great flow. Bike sat for another month. Removed injectors today to check for any debri in the filter, injectors seem to be clean and they seem to be working properly. Bike currently won’t get out of first gear without bogging out. Are there any idea you guys can shoot my way.
Long shot but check the kickstand safety switch 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
889 Posts
Take a video on your phone I guess and hit the little "camera" button down below on the comment bar. Actually, you may just need to put it on youtube or somewhere and link it here.

Check all ground connections including the main grounding under the seat. Sometimes a loose ground connection can cause the ECU to only get intermittent power.

Have you run some injector cleaner through yet?

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
mine was surging at idle(start up). I change the IAC and cleaned the gas tank(just drained) and fuel filter... when i drained the fuel pump and tank it look like a snow globe liquid... had all kinds of stuff in the fuel, I was very surprised. again was blown away with all the shit in the fuel. almost look like rice ( q the rice burner jokes) and lots of it... again blown away with the amount of shit inside....
the bike rips now// thanks to Don G

·
Registered
2010 Fury
343 Posts
Checked spark plugs, all good, checked compression, also removed intake and tried running bike for a short time with it off, will try resetting ecu thanks
What did the plugs look like? Good is not a very good description. They will tell you if it's a fuel or spark condition. Just off of your description, I also think fuel issue, but a bad ground may also be the cause. Likely not the stand switch, as it will not allow any spark.
Corrosion grows with lack of use, so either the tank or ground still make sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts