Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone,

I had been fighting it for a while now but I finally caved in. I have been in the MC world now for the past 2 years and in that time I noticed that long distance runs and the Fury were not ammicable for me. The Fury though a sleek and sexy bike, was not designed to ride up to South Carolina from FL and vice versa. I state this simply from personal experience. I was always stopping for gas and other comfort issues.

Anywho yesterday I took a trip to the dark side and purchased a 2006 HD Road King Classic. She is a pretty bike with low miles on her. I said my sad goodbyes to my baby knowing she will be sold to some dude for a nice amount of cash and he will already have a built up fury. It would be funny if whoever buys her shows up on the forum asking questions.

Anyways I will be posting some ads in the Fury for sale section because I still have some parts that I need to unload. Check it out if you want.

Mongo

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Did you already put the pipes on it that MFR had made you are did you let it go with the cobras.:)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
That's funny. Seems like a lot of people are going from the Fury to a Harley. Enjoy your new HD, buddy. You gotta' like what you ride, or what's the point, right?

I'm not exactly sure how far up into S.C. you go, or how often you make the trip, but when I went on my long ride across a state or so, I found out that pretty much all of the HD riders were ready to stop when I was, which of course was around 100 miles due to obvious fuel needs for my bike.

I don't know, I've never ridden a Harley in my life, but if I were going to get a bike for comfort on long trips, I'd go with a Gold Wing. I've never ridden one of those either, but I'll bet they're awsome on long rides!

Again, congratulations on your new bike and keep ridin' brother!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Mongo, sorry to hear you're parting with your sexy babe and climbing onboard a fatty. ;) You'll always be my brother in Apes. I still expect someday to pick up a Heritage Softail Custom, but I don't think I'll let go of my chopper, it will replace my 2003 Shadow ACE.

Stick around, my bars are supposed to be shipping today, I should have the risers and bars installed by next weekend and will get pics up as soon as they're mounted. Then the fun of wiring begins.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
That's funny. Seems like a lot of people are going from the Fury to a Harley. Enjoy your new HD, buddy. You gotta' like what you ride, or what's the point, right?

I'm not exactly sure how far up into S.C. you go, or how often you make the trip, but when I went on my long ride across a state or so, I found out that pretty much all of the HD riders were ready to stop when I was, which of course was around 100 miles due to obvious fuel needs for my bike.

I don't know, I've never ridden a Harley in my life, but if I were going to get a bike for comfort on long trips, I'd go with a Gold Wing. I've never ridden one of those either, but I'll bet they're awsome on long rides!

Again, congratulations on your new bike and keep ridin' brother!
Agree with you Steveo.....I keep chuckling about what someone on here said about getting a gold wing - to paraphrase...that's something you get before you die. LOL!!!! But I'm with you, if I did any regular long distance riding, I'd be getting wing....still keep the fury though.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Hey Mongo, if you finally decide to stop logging in, will you do us a favor and pass on you avatar to someone so we can still see it?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I would like to do longer rides and thing that something else would be better than the Fury for that, don't get me wrong I love my Fury for what it is and being my first bike, but I would like to get something for those long distance rides. Talked to the wife about trading the Fury in but she said that I should keep it and make it a solo / short ride bike and then the next bike can be our touring bike, only issue is I need to finish paying off the Fury before the next bike purchase.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was my problem brother. I am in a MC and we ride everywhere - I couldnt wait that long. I had 12K left on the bike - u know what i mean lol.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I would like to do longer rides and thing that something else would be better than the Fury for that, don't get me wrong I love my Fury for what it is and being my first bike, but I would like to get something for those long distance rides. Talked to the wife about trading the Fury in but she said that I should keep it and make it a solo / short ride bike and then the next bike can be our touring bike, only issue is I need to finish paying off the Fury before the next bike purchase.
I still say that my Fury did great on my 900-1000 mile round trip. However, if you're going to be going on long trips all the time, then yeah, I'd have to have something bigger. However, for the one or two 3-4 day trips I take every year, the Fury is fine for me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts