Honda Fury Forums: banner

Black ABS with Accutronix forward controls

5K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Serge 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you guys might like to see a black ABS bike with Accutronix forward control and rake kit, lowering spring. It also has the Powercommander V and auto tune. Cobra exhaust modified baffle. With the auto tune this thing is breathing fire. Irate tribal grill. Arlen Ness Rad III mirrors. Kuryakyn hand grip with throttle boss and stiletto end caps. I would like to take the reflectors off but I have been pulled over three times in the last 2 months. They keep bugging me about the exhaust but I think they just have not seen too many bikes like this in Canada. In the end they send me on my way.
I know the brake cables are too tight. Low and Mean is working on a solution to clean this up. It has more slack than it looks...the picture is deceiving.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great! Way to go on the personal touches that you have going on there... I think I'll be looking for those forward controls as a Holiday Present for myself this year :D

#7 ·
Thanks man!
Yes the 3" extensions came with my kit. With the forward controls and the front lifted and rear lowered it is a sweet ride. It now feels like a chopper to me. That is after I get your fat tire kit. :)

My wallet has taken a big hit. I have only had the bike for 4 months and have been spending countless hours reading and learning from you guy's. I really appreciate being able to come here and enjoy this forum. I am sure there are countless others just like me that would not know where to start with their mod's. To everybody that takes there time to explain their stuff or how they did it I thank you and so does my wallet.

#9 ·
I run your modified baffle idea. I love it...thanks for posting your idea. Over here in the spring they set up check points and try to put a stick up the exhaust. no baffle instant fine. This way I get sound I want and hopefully no fine. We will see in the spring.

#12 ·
More of a reason to put on the L&M Rake kit :D

#14 · (Edited)
Did you encounter any issues with replacing the master cylinder considering the larger version needed on the abs bike compared to the standard cylinder size on non abs bikes?

Can you tell me your height?, I like the look of your mirrors!, but am concerned about rear visibility..
With the demon sickle mirrors I could only see the road even with slightly turning the handlebars a bit, so at the moment I reinstalled my stock mirrors.

#15 ·
Hi Serge,

I am not a mechanic so I do not think I can comment on the size difference of the master cylinder. I have seen the concerns posted on this forum from some users that have the service manuals and are concerned about the different part numbers. I am not an expert at this and cannot address it with confidence. However I did raise this concern with Honda and they do not see an issue. I was so freaked out about my safety from some of the post on here, I kept bugging them and asking questions they finally told me flat out to go enjoy the bike. They are the biggest powerhouse dealer in Canada so I have put my trust and my life in their hands. They have done a lot of work for me and I do have a lot of confidence in my dealer. They build trikes and do a lot of customization.

As far as function:
When you start the bike the ABS light comes on and operates as normal. The light still goes off when you hit 10miles per hour as it should. I have jammed the rear brake and felt the pulse so I know the ABS system is working fine. Also when you engage the rear brake you hear it distributing the brakes to the front as wheel as it should. Only time will tell as the brake pads start to wear if there will be an issue. The bike does not have much mileage about 5000 miles. I only have about 1000 miles on the forwards. Accutronix has offered great support as well offering to talk to the dealer direct for me etc. Perhaps you should set up a call between your dealer and Troy to try and address your concerns.
Ridding position:
The positioning took some tinkering to get the pegs exactly where I wanted them. It will took some getting used to if you have been ridding your stock pegs for a while. I would never go back as I am 6"2 and with the 3" forwards I feel like they were custom made for me. I absolutely love these forwards by far the best thing I did after the rake kit and lowering spring. People freak out over them. The only down side is if you have a tight garage like I do, you will have some war wounds on your legs from moving around the bike working on it. The pegs have a habit of biting me in the shins.:)

Mirrors:
Arlen Ness Rad III mirrors give me better vision than stock. I had to move my leavers slightly forward so I could get the angle right, I’m 6”2. The mirrors are big in fact the tech at the dealer complimented me of the choice after they took it for a test ride. He said a lot of aftermarket mirrors are only good for the look. These are functional they are concaved so I see all angels. No complaints here…pricy but great. I paid $100.00 for the set. And It complements our tank so nicely.

Bottom line is with the ABS version of the Fury sometimes you are standing all alone with some of these mod's. Forwards, rake kit etc.
I hope you get something out of this post as I too had the same concerns but just needed that extra leg room so bad I thought I would give it a try. So far no regrets.

#16 ·
Thanks for you thorough reply!

I'm also very hesitant about adding hardware that would possibly change the safety of the bike. I'm glad I found someone who is also serious about this, so your opinion does actually help me a lot!! Will give the forwards a second thought during the winter break.

I'm also 6"2, think I'm going to order those Arlen mirrors!

#17 ·
Bike looks great! Question on the mirrors... looked them up & it appears that the mirror portion is 3x7"... What's the overall width (from mount to end of mirror)? Tried to guessimate it by looking at the images, and it looks like they hang out past the grip caps, but sure would appreciate if/when you have a couple minutes... Thanks!

#18 ·
Hi Two wolves,

I am at work so I do not have them in front of me. My understanding is the Rad II mirror is smaller than the RAD III mirror I have. I have not seen the RAD I. When I got the mirrors I was surprised they were bigger than I expected. I ordered looking at a catalog. The end of the mirrors do stick out further than a stock grip that is why I added the stiletto end cap. It is now even or close to it. These mirrors are a great look and they function very well. One other thing that through me off was when I got the mirrors they had etched in them objects are closer than they appear etched into both mirrors. At first I did not like this but now I do not even notice the wording. Just a heads-up.

I have attached two pictures to try and give you an idea of how far they stick out.

Attachments

#19 ·
Thanks for the images... I'm thinking that if the mirror is actually 7", and there's a reasonable stem arc down to the mount, the full measurement would be 9.5" or so... which is more than I thought the bike would take & still keep the clean line and not weigh down the bar... but they look really good...

#27 ·
Installing the controls was supposed to happen Sunday just gone but we had some very heavy rain and it flooded out my friends garage. So the installation is set for this coming Saturday 30 October. I'll be doing a write up with pictures and will post the results. I had a few unexpected delays with family matters and having to make up a custom brake line as the lines are very different between the ABS and Non ABS bikes.

#29 ·
Finally put the forwards on yesterday. Way more comfortable but it will take a bit to get used to the new feel of the bike. I am going to do a write up in the next week but I want to check with Bill on a few things first.

I should mention that Tony_Fury sent me a set of instructions and pictures from his own experience and it made the job much easier and faster. Typically the time to install is 5 to 6 hours but my best friend and I got it done in 4. Many thanks to Tony for his help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.