Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been scheming and I have to throw this out to the forum here to get some feed back! I've been thinking about integrating some black into my blue fury.

I'm thinking about black powder coating:
the rims
trees
handlebars - not sure if I'm gonig to do handlebars black with chrome grips or keep chrome handlebars and add black grips
pipes - not sure about my MFR's being black, I might just have them chromed and then once they blue wrap them in a black heat wrap

So I'm wondering if anyone has done this yet with their blue fury? any pics? I searched google and the forums and didn't come up with much.

Whaddya think?

if you really need to see I have a very crude drawing of what I'm envisioning but done on MSpaint so when I say crude I mean CRUDE. Lemme know if so, I'll post her up too.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here it is. Like I said REAL crude. The seat and rear fender are missing I was trying to come up with something different. and my idea for pipes change daily. Right now I really like the way dragboat's pipes expose the rear wheel so I'm thinking I want something similar but more like the Hacker pipes that 90 out at the end.

I think the big thing is the black rims. I think that'll have the biggest visual impact and the rest of the parts will be more subtle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking. The tough part is I love CHROME so much! But after looking at it for a while I realized it needed some sort of contrast. So I thought maybe black? Worth a shot. Now I just need to get find the money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I saw a Blue Fury at bike night with black Cobras. I might have a pic of it, let me go looking....

*edit* nah I guess I don't have it anymore. Sorry! Thought you might get an idea if you like itor not from the picture.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I think black powder coated rims goes with any color Fury, but that's just me. I also agree with those that said that other parts probably need to be blacked out also, especially the headlight bucket. And I wouldn't do black Cobra's, get MFR to make you a set of pipes or buy another set, to many people have the Swepts and to tell the truth they are more common than the stockers are these days. Just my opinion (no keyboards were harmed in the typing of this post).

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I think black powder coated rims goes with any color Fury, but that's just me. I also agree with those that said that other parts probably need to be blacked out also, especially the headlight bucket. And I wouldn't do black Cobra's, get MFR to make you a set of pipes or buy another set, to many people have the Swepts and to tell the truth they are more common than the stockers are these days. Just my opinion (no keyboards were harmed in the typing of this post).
Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Never paint something that was chrome black, you will regret it. If anything you should be looking for more parts to chrome. Blue & chrome is the best colour combination you can get so it's best not to spoil it with black.:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
when i purchased my JetBlu i was strongly leaning on doing a lot in black. The headlight, intake, pipes, side covers engine.

With you doing the wheels it would really look good. If your on a budget, you can rattle can it and get decent results. If you want a rugged look, go with a flat black eveywhere. Keeping the chrome accents to make it all flow. Me personally, i like the PowrFlo in black if i was going down that road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts