Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the engine fins on the Fury removable? Having seen the new interstate and stateline w/ black fins im wondering if i can purchase them through the dealer and install on the fury. I'd get the Kury engine case cover to finish off the look. Does anyone have pics of the engine cover installed? Would it conceal the remaining grey engine paint? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm not going to say you won't find them, or if it's even possible to replace them, but I haven't seen anyone talk about seeing them for sale or trying to replace them. I know a few people around here <bighitter> has painted the whole engine black and I think it took him like 4-5 hours to rough things up, mask off the engine and paint it, I'm not a painter but I have been debating painting it myself just don't know yet. If you're interested in painting your engine do a search of the forum and you will find the thread that discusses how to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, im trying to avoid the painting route... last resort for me. I found some pics of the engine case so i don't need any info on that, just if the fins are interchangeable, thank you thank you

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Browneye, maybe clueless will come on, he is a honda mechanic and has acess to all the part #s. If you want to paint, search, black engine, thread by bighitter. It is also in the DIY area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The fins are removable and interchangeable, but very expensive. About $300 per cylinder if memory serves me correctly. So unless you find someone with black fins who wants to swap out covers, it really is more of a DIY project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts