Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in obtaining a set of the black fury wheels. I have seen some have posted their rear wheel for sale, but I am looking for a set. Curious if anyone may be interested...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have considered that... I may actually go that way. My desire is to possibly widen my back rim with Kosman. The downtime is a concern. I thought about buying just a back rim, but the recent offers have been for a black rim. Not sure how easy it would be for someone to match the Honda rim. One way or another, I want to make sure that I can get or make a set that match perfectly when done.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I just sold my Kosman wheel because I ordered the sumo kit. There is a significant down time going that route . Also powder coating the wheels gives it a much better look than stock paint. stock is very rigid looking but when you powder coat the wheels they look much smoother. You won't regret powder coating ... I have almost every thing metal on my bike powder coated even did the front wheel over .

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I know you want both but I have the rear (BLACK WITH RED PIN STRIPE) for sale at $275 SHIPPED!!!!
Only 900 miles on it! Flawless!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Also powder coating the wheels gives it a much better look than stock paint. stock is very rigid looking but when you powder coat the wheels they look much smoother. You won't regret powder coating ...
+1, just had a set done in silver metal flake, removed all the junk on the front spokes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you talking about the casting "bumps"? I wondered if someone could remove those prior to powdercoating... Can a standard shop that supports powercoating do this, or does it take someone more specialized?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Are you talking about the casting "bumps"? I wondered if someone could remove those prior to powdercoating... Can a standard shop that supports powercoating do this, or does it take someone more specialized?
My front and rear were rim where stripped of all paint with commercial grade paint stripper then lightly sand blasted a powder primer was applied before black semi gloss . Smooth as a babies ass !!!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
If you are asking me, then yes all the Honda, for tubeless tires, casting lugs etc. I ground them off smooth then took them in. The guy that p/c here does it, but as I am cheap I did it myself.

Anyone who powdercoated their wheels, mind telling me how much they paid??
Mine were 195, he also cleared my side stand at the same time, silver with metal flake. When he did my VTX wheels it was about 400, they are a 2 tone, silver rim with blue spokes. (twice the labor, twice the price plus the blue was a special order and was 50 bucks)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts