Honda Fury Forums: banner

black or chrome

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i cant decide whether I should black it out or chrome it out. I have an all black fury and my dad and all his buddies say i should stick with chrome b/c it makes it more attractive, however i think that powder coating the wheels, and and engine would look hella good. I really like chrome, but everyone has a bike with chrome. Not very many people have a blacked out bike so im gonna get some opinions from fellow fury owners!!!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
So i cant decide whether I should black it out or chrome it out. I have an all black fury and my dad and all his buddies say i should stick with chrome b/c it makes it more attractive, however i think that powder coating the wheels, and and engine would look hella good. I really like chrome, but everyone has a bike with chrome. Not very many people have a blacked out bike so im gonna get some opinions from fellow fury owners!!!
It's all personal taste my friend. Mine is black as well and I chromed this badboy out. To me it looks hott because that's my style but it sounds like you're leaning towards the powdercoating by your thread. Do what you feel - just remember CHROME is KING!

LOL:eek:
Larry

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm anti-chrome. I do like the Honda Phantom and it would look even better (imo) with black pipes.
View attachment 3596
I like the phantom as well. And in the DYI section i freaking thought that the guys bike that did baasically the concept im talking about by painting his engine casing turned out very good. Its just a tough decision on what i wanna turn the bike into i guess. Either the shiney 'look at me' look or black 'my bike is badass and straight from the garage' look... Both look sweet, its just tough because before i get an exhaust i wanna know exactly what im gonna do. If i go with the black look im getting the Black V2's and if i go with the chrome look i'll either go with the mortons or samsons more than likely

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You didn't give me a choice. I am a Fan of the Blacks, and of Bighitters Bike, but I would do chrome wheels, not powder coat, To me that is the balance I would like. To black out bike completely, I would not like, but Blacked out and accents of chrome make the bike pop. I guess I would do this and that, which is hard to poll and vote. MO

·
Registered
835 Posts
It would be cool to black out a matt silver, but IMHO, it would be too much to black out a black bike...nothin more beautiful than black and chrome!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Well anyone that has talked with me or rode with me knows my opinion... To many of the black bikes are chromed out... When I am finished with my bike it will only have the engine cover that will be chromed... Everything else is going gloss black, semi gloss black, and black chrome... but that is just my view... do as you wish and dont care what others think... it is YOUR BIKE and no one else can tell you what to do!!! Enjoy :cool:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I've got a black bike and if I could do it over again I'd black out everything I could. I got mine right after it came out last year and everything that came out was chrome so everything I got was chrome so its to late for me. If I could make mine like bighitters I would but I've got to much money invested now. If you like the all black then I would do it for sure, but if not the chrome and black looks good as well.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Like the others have said it just depends on what you like. I voted for blacked out, I have the black Fury also and plan on blacking out what I can, I like the dark blacked out look more than the shiney look at me look, but that's my opinion, you're going to have to sit down and figure out what look you want to go for, good luck deciding.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Chrome is the only way to fly. Parts in most cases are more readily available and it catches more attention nevermind the fact that the bike runs better and smoother with chrome and gives a much faster ride than black.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
ahhh maybe its just me, and maybe its too early in the morn, but what exactly are you looking to do? The intial post seems to be vegue at best.

Now if we are talking about you turning your black into a solid black .... too much black for my taste. Unfortunately, most HDs are black with chrome so you may come across as a copy cat. This is something i thought of when making my purchase as the stealership had one of ever color on the floor. Big Blue was my 1st choice with the Matte Silver being my 2nd. I looked at the black and though exactly what i post above.

As also mentioned here .. it is your choice. Its good to get some outside opinions that you are doing here ... but ultimately its your ass that is gonna be in the saddle. Have you considered custom paint for the bike? Maybe a 2 tone? Black is a good canvas to paint on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey guys thanks for all the opinons! I really am torn on what i want to do because i know either way i go it will turn out fantastice. I know its ultimately my decision but i def. wanted to get some opinions from you guys because your all fury owners and think about 'modding' your fury all the time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahhh maybe its just me, and maybe its too early in the morn, but what exactly are you looking to do? The intial post seems to be vegue at best.

Now if we are talking about you turning your black into a solid black .... too much black for my taste. Unfortunately, most HDs are black with chrome so you may come across as a copy cat. This is something i thought of when making my purchase as the stealership had one of ever color on the floor. Big Blue was my 1st choice with the Matte Silver being my 2nd. I looked at the black and though exactly what i post above.

As also mentioned here .. it is your choice. Its good to get some outside opinions that you are doing here ... but ultimately its your ass that is gonna be in the saddle. Have you considered custom paint for the bike? Maybe a 2 tone? Black is a good canvas to paint on.

First when i say black, Im talking about the wheels engine casing, maybe handle bars with chrome forks and everything else that can be chromed. So no not completely blacked out but mostly.

And yes i have thought about custom paint but honestly im just getting ideas and opinions b/c this is going to be a winter project! Just trying to think of what exactly i want to turn my fury into and what route i wanna take!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You didn't give me a choice. I am a Fan of the Blacks, and of Bighitters Bike, but I would do chrome wheels, not powder coat, To me that is the balance I would like. To black out bike completely, I would not like, but Blacked out and accents of chrome make the bike pop. I guess I would do this and that, which is hard to poll and vote. MO
This is def an option as well mental I just was tired last night and forgot to put this option down in the poll. I also think this look could look very sexy as well. I could black out the engine casing lined with chrome on top and chrome the forks and wheels. Even if i didnt like that look I could sell the wheels and get stock ones to powder coat! But this idea has def went thru my mind as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Here is what I think you should do...Go ahead and black it out and have some fun and in a year or two chrome it out. Here's another idea, black and gold. Ha, ha made you think!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.