Honda Fury Forums: banner

Black twisted spike air intake for Thunder air adapter?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  macxpert 
#1 ·
Hello, all! I'm new to the forums. Have a 2017 Fury with a Batman theme to it. Sent the ECU to Guhl for Reflash, and in the meantime I'm doing the air intake swap. I've got the Thunder manufacturing (RIP) air adapter, and I'm looking for a forward facing, black, twisted Spike air intake that will fit on the Thunder unit. The one I chose has a base ring that's too small. Can anybody tell me which of said item they've selected, and from where?

I might mention that this was the "last one available" from Phat Performance, and had extra screws in the package. Perhaps from a missing adapter plate?

Thanks in advance. JP

#3 · (Edited)
Four parts, huh? I'm definitely thinking I got hosed with someone's incomplete leftovers. All that came in the box was the plastic adapter cover (shown installed), and a couple extra screws, pictured. (I guess I'm gonna be their first irate call of the day on Monday morning, unless anyone can suggest where to find the appropriate plate on it's own. ) L&M may be the way I have to go?

#4 ·
Ok, now I know what's going on. Thunder made 3 different models of adapter, one for the 3 bolt HD intake, one for the Kurry Hypercharger and one for the Corseair intake. I can't say if you have the Hypercharger or the Corseair adapter but I can say you do not have the 3 bolt HD adapter. This is not the best shot of my Thunder/spike air cleaner but you can see what I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.