Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nicey!!! If you don't mind can you go into detail of how you did the painting and polishing...What did you take off, tape etc.
Super stoked and it looks like this task may be put on my winter mod project list along with some black anodizing of wheels and such.
Good work!
JS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blacked out

I just took off all the chrome that was removable, then masked off every thing else. Guess I should have taken pictures... Used a scotch brite pad and lightly sanded every thing so that the paint would stick. then wiped every thing down with a little rubbing alcohol. unbolt the upper fins and polished the edges, covered them with pistripping tape, and painted every thing black. Remove tape and your done.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I might have to steal your idea. This should have been done by the factory for the Matte bikes... thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Man that looks good. I will be doing this also in the winter. Thx for sharing

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
That FAQ is getting so long, I need a FAQ for the FAQ!!! :rolleyes:
I know... was thinking that the other day when looking at it... that is kind of why I stopped adding to it, unless it is pertinent information that really needs to be in there... :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
it's still better than slogging through search results...

to get back on topic, the blacked out engine with polished fins is definitely on my to do list....

i'll need to get a heater for the garage and work on that over the winter.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I know... was thinking that the other day when looking at it... that is kind of why I stopped adding to it, unless it is pertinent information that really needs to be in there... :D
I think you should keep it growing. But you might need to make an index and number it by sections.

Great job by the way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts