Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking of buying a Fury. One of the main things I would want to do is black the cases and heads.
Is there a simple way of doing this?
Shrekp

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am seriously thinking of buying a Fury. One of the main things I would want to do is black the cases and heads.
Shrekp

·
Registered
470 Posts
That’s the look I am thinking - just on a newer bike - wonder how they did it all.
I figured that was what you were shooting for.

FYI.... the Fury is virtually the same from 2010-2020 except some color changes and removal of passenger seat & pegs in 2016 I believe.

Also, they started coming with black rims in 2011 only with specific colors I believe.

Also, MSRP was lowered from $13,500.00 (2010-2015) to I believe $10,500.00 in 2016 with the seat removal and to head off competition (Indian Motorcycles ??). I think there have been some increases last couple years.

Note : Prices and dates above are not confirmed .

I just looked at Honda USA website. Only color for 2019 and now 2020 is blue only... ABS model not listed for 2020.

Looks like to me the Fury series might be ending model year 2020..
10 years is a pretty good run.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Duplicolor Universal Black, laquer (small can) is the best paint for blacking out your covers. This pain covers as well as a paint gun, and I assume your bike is black. It is a perfect match. Here is an example of it, the final drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Duplicolor Universal Black, laquer (small can) is the best paint for blacking out your covers. This pain covers as well as a paint gun, and I assume your bike is black. It is a perfect match. Here is an example of it, the final drive.
That looks great!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shrekp
Did it first with plati dip......looked so good was planing on spray bombing over the dip as I've done this on the tail gate and rims of my work Truck and it holds up great.didn't get tome to spray bomb the dip went on a far rode trip was cold as he'll late at night .....long story short got gas on dip and it stained.....so now I ripped bike down took all chrome in to shop including crank case all will now be professionally blacked out along with all honda badging removed.total custom job on crankcase.
I'm In Asia escaping the cold ass canadian winter riding my 110 scooter lmao.not the same but hey still ripping on a honda.but will post pics when I get back and put the beast together. Also got custom straight pipes made up that will be wrapped in exhaust tape.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it first with plati dip......looked so good was planing on spray bombing over the dip as I've done this on the tail gate and rims of my work Truck and it holds up great.didn't get tome to spray bomb the dip went on a far rode trip was cold as he'll late at night .....long story short got gas on dip and it stained.....so now I ripped bike down took all chrome in to shop including crank case all will now be professionally blacked out along with all honda badging removed.total custom job on crankcase.
I'm In Asia escaping the cold ass canadian winter riding my 110 scooter lmao.not the same but hey still ripping on a honda.but will post pics when I get back and put the beast together. Also got custom straight pipes made up that will be wrapped in exhaust tape.
Post pics when you get it all done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts