Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a deal Cyclegear has for a Bluetooth helmet what do you guys think?
ZERO Street Gear - V600Z Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet - Cycle Gear

Has anyone heard of a Bluetooth setup that works with an open face helmet? I was looking into getting bluetooth headphones to listen to music but why not get a helmet that will allow me to talk on the phone and listen to music your thoughts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
That's a deal and a half...if the size fits you.

I have a Blueant bluetooth setup, it does phone and bike to bike intercom. It was a bit expensive when I got it in 2008 but it works a treat. The bike to bike intercom is worth it's weight in gold. The newer versions are even better again. Being able to talk to my buddy while we're riding is the best thing since the motorcycle. No more WTF moments when your buddy makes an unexpected stop or turn. I can even switch between my buddy and my wife if she is on the back. My buddy can also switch between me and his wife.

My suggestion is look for a unit that does bike to bike and also phone modes. The newer units have a phone override so you don't miss calls when your in bike to bike mode (I wish my old unit had this feature).

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's a deal and a half...if the size fits you.

I have a Blueant bluetooth setup, it does phone and bike to bike intercom. It was a bit expensive when I got it in 2008 but it works a treat. The bike to bike intercom is worth it's weight in gold. The newer versions are even better again. Being able to talk to my buddy while we're riding is the best thing since the motorcycle. No more WTF moments when your buddy makes an unexpected stop or turn. I can even switch between my buddy and my wife if she is on the back. My buddy can also switch between me and his wife.

My suggestion is look for a unit that does bike to bike and also phone modes. The newer units have a phone override so you don't miss calls when your in bike to bike mode (I wish my old unit had this feature).
Mac how fast do you ride? I find my bluetooth useless over 50 mile per hour.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Mac how fast do you ride? I find my bluetooth useless over 50 mile per hour.
I think Blueant claim it's good to 125 KPH and I've had solid communications with my buddy at 120 KPH (75 MPH). Mostly when we are on a long ride we are doing 110 KPH (68 MPH) again it's fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts