Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! Are you going to put the speedo mount on the bars? I can see a market for bars that bolt straight on and only require longer brake lines and throttle cables. Relocating the speedo is something I think puts people off changing bars.
Thanks. It's whatever the individual wants. If they want a speedometer mount, I'll put one on. If not I make a relocation bracket. I usually make parts per order anyway. These don't require longer cables or brake line if 2" risers are used. I agree with you, there isn't much in the aftermarket for a Fury when it comes to bars with the speedo mount.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! Are you going to put the speedo mount on the bars? I can see a market for bars that bolt straight on and only require longer brake lines and throttle cables. Relocating the speedo is something I think puts people off changing bars.
You asked me a few days ago about the speedometer, being with/without a mount. Here is a set I painted and put the mount on. I wanted you to see them before I shipped them off to @Sawney .
Tableware Table Hood Eyewear Wood
Grey Tool Automotive design Flooring Wood

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
ok, here is the update ..
i got the bars today in the mail ( to my job ) and here is my first impression.

they look great, the paint looks as good as the factory bars do .... a satin black, no drips , runs or sags.. they are painted excellently

2nd, the welds are perfect, at the bar joints you cannot see any weld bead and the welds under the speedo mount are as clean of a weld that ive seen ( and i can weld, tig/mig/wire and stick )

3rd, the thickness of the bars ( 309 stainless I believe ) is to my eye are the same thickness as most factory bars ive seen , not paper thin nor overly thick , id have no worry they will do the job.

4th, i set the bars on a straight edge ( a paper shear with a laser cut guide ) and they bars are straight and of a uniform angle ( maybe 30 degrees Im guessing ) they are exact size, dimension side to side.

these bars are very finely made, well crafted and worth the asking price, as good as, if not better than any factory bars ive had on any bike ive got
likewise the bar clamps ( risers ) are nice, rounded at the top and match the bars very nicely with stainless steel cap screw hardware ..

more to come soon ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts