Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
On the back fender is a bit of a chunk out, It came that way, no biggie but I would like to fill it and paint it. Last time i did any bondo and paint work was in the 80's on my 74 vega. Sould I find a car body shop or a bike paint guy?
Bike paint guy, car paint guy, tomato-tomato. I'd find a body shop that does paint. Lots out there that can paint but can't do body work, and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
On the back fender is a bit of a chunk out, It came that way, no biggie but I would like to fill it and paint it. Last time i did any bondo and paint work was in the 80's on my 74 vega. Sould I find a car body shop or a bike paint guy?
As the National tabloid says, "Enquiring minds want to know", I'm just curious enough to ask. What kind of chunk, where is it located on fender? If you get bored enough post a pic.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I understand things happen but WTH was someone doing near their rear fender with a grinder that is activated. If I did that to my fender the cussing I give myself would be video worthy 🤬

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I understand things happen but WTH was someone doing near their rear fender with a grinder that is activated. If I did that to my fender the cussing I give myself would be video worthy 🤬
Simple answer...

Meth

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts
If you're interested, there are lots of threads on getting them off and what works best. Personally I found a heat gun, plastic razor blades, and WD40 to work best, all suggested by members here. (Slid one blade under a corner and then just kept sliding blades under the bladed until they popped off.) Some of the stickers were finger-burners, but they all came off.

The front reflectors popped off when heated and hit with a mallet--also a forum suggestion.

Start-to-finish for every reflector and sticker was about 3 hours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the fork reflectors popped off with a hair dryer and rubber mallot .. I tried the fishing line trick but that didnt work for me. I had gotten into other projects and didnt get back to the fender reflectors. I started on the Honda badge on the side, they seem to come off easy, I started to pull one off but didnt finish because I had to run.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Ill get a photo. it looks like someone gridned it. View attachment 243337
In all honesty. It may be a better choice to order a new fender from Honda. On PartsFish they are about $300. A reputable paint/body shop is going to charge you something close to that. They are painted, ready to bolt on from the factory and the best part is, they are shipped without reflectors. All you need to do is get the paint code from under the seat. The parts are listed as numbers, not colors.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In all honesty. It may be a better choice to order a new fender from Honda. On PartsFish they are about $300. A reputable paint/body shop is going to charge you something close to that. They are painted, ready to bolt on from the factory and the best part is, they are shipped without reflectors. All you need to do is get the paint code from under the seat. The parts are listed as numbers, not colors.
now that is a good idea!! Thanks !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts