Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this? My wife loves to ride but she's used to the mustang seat from the 1800. This seat just doesn't cut it and I don't like any aftermarket seats yet. I would love some input.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I ordered the suction cup one...

Has anyone ever used this? My wife loves to ride but she's used to the mustang seat from the 1800. This seat just doesn't cut it and I don't like any aftermarket seats yet. I would love some input.
I ordered the suction cup one since I removed the rear seat. I thought it would be a easy alternative to having to screw in the rear seat when needed. While the seat looks like a comfortable ride for the passenger, I never could get the suction cups to stick well on the Fury fendor. Maybe it was user error, but it was not worth it to me for something I bought as a quick change so I sent it back. I am sure the one that sits on the back seat is comfortable, but it sure looks unsturdy. The reviews all seem good though. Off topic a little: Anyone else found a quick change alternative to screwing in the rear seat that works well with the Fury?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I got the butty buddy for my wife....a while back she broke her tailbone and the stock pillion on the fury lacks padding and contours such that the pressure point is right on the tail bone.....obviously, she couldn't ride it. The buttybuddy contours such that it takes away from the tailbone and is wider.....much better, but not the greatest.....she complains that the top of the low sissybar presses against her from the back uncomfortably. That's why I'm hoping that someone comes out with a higher sissybar for the fury. As for stability, it looks unstable, but isn't. I don't use the straps.....just adjusted it to sit on top of the pillion.....the little pegs and the friction pad bottom hold it just like your bottom sitting on the pillion....so, in essence, she'd like it a whole lot better with a taller, padded sissybar....but it works for her. She's 5'2" and 98 lbs.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I actually have one for sale if anyone is interested - ud have to get the suction cups though - unless u wanna strap it to the bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the butty buddy for my wife....a while back she broke her tailbone and the stock pillion on the fury lacks padding and contours such that the pressure point is right on the tail bone.....obviously, she couldn't ride it. The buttybuddy contours such that it takes away from the tailbone and is wider.....much better, but not the greatest.....she complains that the top of the low sissybar presses against her from the back uncomfortably. That's why i'm hoping that someone comes out with a higher sissybar for the fury. As for stability, it looks unstable, but isn't. I don't use the straps.....just adjusted it to sit on top of the pillion.....the little pegs and the friction pad bottom hold it just like your bottom sitting on the pillion....so, in essence, she'd like it a whole lot better with a taller, padded sissybar....but it works for her. She's 5'2" and 98 lbs.
thanks alot that's what i wanted to know

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have one for sale if anyone is interested - ud have to get the suction cups though - unless u wanna strap it to the bike.
I want to strap it to the bike. How $$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts