Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if I want to put the boulevard windshield on my bike. I kinda dig the look of it, but more importantly, I'm looking to keep the wind off my chest when riding. I've never had a bike with a windshield that small, is this just for looks or will it make riding a little more comfortable?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I'm trying to figure out if I want to put the boulevard windshield on my bike. I kinda dig the look of it, but more importantly, I'm looking to keep the wind off my chest when riding. I've never had a bike with a windshield that small, is this just for looks or will it make riding a little more comfortable?
I have been debating on getting one. Big reason for me is to deflect the darn hordes of bugs we got out here where I live [River/Swamp/Cane-Field Area]

·
Registered
675 Posts
Less is more. I got one. Looks great. A chopper should have a very low profile shield or no shield in order to look good. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have driven well over 4000 miles with mine installed. The low profile doesn't take away from the chopper look, and most people don't notice the Boulevard windshield until they look closer. It deflects some wind, but not all. It does an excellent job keeping your speedometer & handlebars clean. During rides with lots of bugs or wind, I can lean forward a little to bring my line of sight just above it. A true windshield should be a little taller, but would not look good on a Fury (in my opinion).
I am happy with mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I dislike the looks of it as both the guy's I drive with have it on their bike. Takes away from the front part of the bike IMO. They also say it does not provide very much protection, if any. It's your bike though...

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I got it and love it .. The clear one is factoey but after installing 3"risers did not look right with speedo taller so I made one custom . I will be makeing another one after 8* trees custum fit , will be smoked not black and a little larger . The one you see in black will be for sale , just the sheild .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I got it and love it .. The clear one is factoey but after installing 3"risers did not look right with speedo taller so I made one custom . I will be makeing another one after 8* trees custum fit , will be smoked not black and a little larger . The one you see in black will be for sale , just the sheild .
Blu... I have a piece of Lexan that I was going to make a new screen out of but was a little worried that at highway speeds (since that is what I drive most every day) that the stock brackets may not be strong enough to hold the top of the screen... have you had any cracking on your screen?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Blu... I have a piece of Lexan that I was going to make a new screen out of but was a little worried that at highway speeds (since that is what I drive most every day) that the stock brackets may not be strong enough to hold the top of the screen... have you had any cracking on your screen?
No cracking no vibration at all , mine is 1/8" plexyglass . New one will be the same only smoked . At Sundays toy run I seen three other fury's one had the factory sheild and all of them were impressed with mine being larger . Wanted to no where to get one , LOL you know the rest .

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i have the deflector dx--love it.
after all this time, it's invisible.

stops the wind big time. easy on/off. adjustable angles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts