Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been a member of this Forum for about 6 to 8 months. In this time I have seen a plethora of options for the Fury for brakelikght replacement because lets face it, the stock one are ugly as shizz.

I'd like to get everyones opinion on custom brakelight setups.

I was looking at the Raw Design Setup but I have seen people with a similar version but it looks cleaner.

Come one Come all, if you have custom brake lights on the fury - provide input - tell me where you purchased them and so forth so I can get that god awful stock setup off the bike.

Hell if your throwing in on this - might as well cover the front lights too.

Thanks

Mongo

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ok, so I have been a member of this Forum for about 6 to 8 months. In this time I have seen a plethora of options for the Fury for brakelikght replacement because lets face it, the stock one are ugly as shizz.

I'd like to get everyones opinion on custom brakelight setups.

I was looking at the Raw Design Setup but I have seen people with a similar version but it looks cleaner.

Come one Come all, if you have custom brake lights on the fury - provide input - tell me where you purchased them and so forth so I can get that god awful stock setup off the bike.

Hell if your throwing in on this - might as well cover the front lights too.

Thanks

Mongo
RSS ripped off the RAW, his fits much better, he cut the brackets like raw but to a tighter template for the fender and ordered the led from radiantz website (Radiantz.com, click Flexable LED products, then 1mm flexable arrays, then scroll to bottom for Turns and Brake Flexable array) If you want to do it with LED's then just look at radiantz site......also the brake light isnt the ugly part its the turnsignals

On a positive note if you like the raw but want better fitting RSS's light is the same and the better thing is all the wires come through on one side so it is cleaner for the way the wires sit too

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RSS ripped off the RAW, his fits much better, he cut the brackets like raw but to a tighter template for the fender and ordered the led from radiantz website (Radiantz.com, click Flexable LED products, then 1mm flexable arrays, then scroll to bottom for Turns and Brake Flexable array) If you want to do it with LED's then just look at radiantz site......also the brake light isnt the ugly part its the turnsignals

On a positive note if you like the raw but want better fitting RSS's light is the same and the better thing is all the wires come through on one side so it is cleaner for the way the wires sit too
Whats RSS website?

Yeah the turn signals suck too - basically the whole rear assembly sucks and i want to replace it...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Whats RSS website?

Yeah the turn signals suck too - basically the whole rear assembly sucks and i want to replace it...
RedspawnSilver.......he's a member here. He made his own setup. No website that I know of

·
Registered
829 Posts
I guess I did not notice RSS, but I not sure how much cleaner you can get than the RAW LED. I have it on my bike and most people don't even see that I have a rear brake light when the bike is turned off unless they are extremely close. I think the only other option (unless you can custom make one on your own) is to move the brake light on top of the side mounted license plate. Accutronix has an add-on for their side mounted license plate. You could also do what Sumo does and make your turn signals your brake lights too.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I guess I did not notice RSS, but I not sure how much cleaner you can get than the RAW LED. I have it on my bike and most people don't even see that I have a rear brake light when the bike is turned off unless they are extremely close. I think the only other option (unless you can custom make one on your own) is to move the brake light on top of the side mounted license plate. Accutronix has an add-on for their side mounted license plate. You could also do what Sumo does and make your turn signals your brake lights too.
on my RAW there is a slight gap on the edges where it doesnt go all the way to the sides of the fender, you can also see the very edge of the wires on both sides if you look closely. RedspawnSilver just did the same thing but it is better fitting for the bike, Cost was only a touch cheaper (i think 100 bucks but you have to pay for metal outa the 100 saved) and when accounting for time if you dont have the machines for doing it quickly the Raw financially would be the better move unless you just want it cleaner and dont mind time spent on it.

You could also look at the led's and figure out ways to mount them to come up with an idea that will be cleaner or more interesting. The side mount lights you have to watch out for legality issues that may arrise. Also this fender is fiberglass, you can add to it relatively easily so you might be able to glass like a cowl onto the rear and mount a stop light on it that way or cut some out easily and build like a liner with the lighting mounted to the liner

My front fender i have been shopping for a used that i can glass an addition to the back part of the mounting point then was going to drop and push it forward to give a tighter fit and maby cut the front to a point. For front turns im thinking more towards fork wraps but still not set yet

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I changed mine to the LED with integrated signal. I am however going to have to figure something else out when I get the sumo x kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts