Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you could say the first 600 miles is the break in period, and the owner's manual tells you how Honda prefers it to be done. After talking with the shop manager from where I bought the bike, he said to break it in like you stole it. That is exactly what I am doing. I have noticed now that I am nearing 200 miles, that the Fury is starting to preform like I would want it to. I was a little worried that this thing did not have any umph to it, but now it is starting to come alive. The service manager also indicated that this type of fuel injection system, different than any other FI bikes I have owned, builds up a memory of how the bike is riden, and if started out riden hard and delivering alot of fuel, that's what it will continue to do. or, starting out slow and easy, that's what it will continue to do. To erase the memory, you have to disconnect the battery for atleast 30 minutes, and then start from scratch again. Can anyone verify this for fact?

I am also running 87 octane gas in it. What are the rest of you burning? Have you noticed a difference from low to high octane? I have always burned 93 octane in my bikes, but was advised to just use 87. That's what I am doing and it seems to be doing great.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I ran mine up to rev limiter at least 2 or 3 times on each tank until final tank before 600 mile service. On final tank I tried to get best mileage that I could which required all country roads, easy on throttle with a result of 131.5 miles on 2.68 gallons or 49.06 mpg. I have used Chevron 87 octane at each fill up. I am very pleased with result and looking foward to checking mpg after 600 mile service with regular riding!

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
i know that rev limiter very well.i dont hit it to often now but if i have to or do it dosnt bother me.the man is right,ride it like you stole it.but keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
clutch adjustment

the clutch lever on my Fury had a good bit of play in it and it was hard to shift gears, so I turned the cable adjuster about 2 to 3 turns and now she shifts much better. anybody else with this problem?

·
Registered
147 Posts
the clutch lever on my Fury had a good bit of play in it and it was hard to shift gears, so I turned the cable adjuster about 2 to 3 turns and now she shifts much better. anybody else with this problem?
i've had issues when shifting into 2nd seems to get stuck in neutrual i've adjusted the clutch a few times seems better but will have the dealer take a look at it in a week or so.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fury Manual says 300 mile break in

Hi all

I read the manual for the fury and it states 300 miles and says avoid rapid accelerations. Basic interp dont beat on it!!!
600 miles is valve/injector adjustment from break in
Dont know about the cyborg chip that everyone says our bikes have but do know the owner of the HONDA shop says that alot of the smart tech is not so!!!

You have to let all mechanical components break in under normal use is my advice I have sold 70,000 dollar sweepers with DUAL motors and I have always told every customer to read the manual from cover to cover. Take it easy on all new motors if you want a long glorious life with it!

Safe riding all.
Picked up my Se in IA have 283 on odometer in 5 days hit rev limiter 1 time
she rides like a dream for a CHOPPER! I have a VMAX for top end speed and this FURY is 50xs cooler!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all

I read the manual for the fury and it states 300 miles and says avoid rapid accelerations. Basic interp dont beat on it!!!
Dont know about the cyborg chip that everyone says our bikes have but do know the owner of the HONDA shop says that alot of the smart tech is not so!!!

You have to let all mechanical components break in under normal use is my advice I have sold 70,000 dollar sweepers with DUAL motors and I have always told every customer to read the manual from cover to cover. Take it easy on all new motors if you want a long glorious life with it!

Safe riding all.
she rides like a dream for a CHOPPER! I have a VMAX for top end speed and this FURY is 50xs cooler!!!:D:D:D
LATWIS are you from iowa? i got mine from Garvis honda in Des moines. haven't seen any other furys around the des moines area yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all

Safe riding all.
+1 Abuse the engine during breakin period and you're taking a chance on
the long term life of the engine before it needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
81 Posts
HI MATT ADAMS

Hi
Im not from IA I had to drive from Il to Davenport. Hawkeye Honda has sold around 4 so far and they are hidden dealership. You will probably see one or two around. I think the furys pretty radical for the faint of heart.

Safe riding!!!

Latwis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts