Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you could say the first 600 miles is the break in period, and the owner's manual tells you how Honda prefers it to be done. After talking with the shop manager from where I bought the bike, he said to break it in like you stole it. That is exactly what I am doing. I have noticed now that I am nearing 200 miles, that the Fury is starting to preform like I would want it to. I was a little worried that this thing did not have any umph to it, but now it is starting to come alive. The service manager also indicated that this type of fuel injection system, different than any other FI bikes I have owned, builds up a memory of how the bike is riden, and if started out riden hard and delivering alot of fuel, that's what it will continue to do. or, starting out slow and easy, that's what it will continue to do. To erase the memory, you have to disconnect the battery for atleast 30 minutes, and then start from scratch again. Can anyone verify this for fact?

I am also running 87 octane gas in it. What are the rest of you burning? Have you noticed a difference from low to high octane? I have always burned 93 octane in my bikes, but was advised to just use 87. That's what I am doing and it seems to be doing great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.