Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I saw this done on the internet so i thought i would give it a try.. Got about $30 bucks and a few hours wrapped up in it..
That's slick! Whatdidya use, a mill and an end-mill cutter? Also, I'm assuming there's an air-filter in there somewhere? Good job.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have to say that I dig that mod you did, only two things I would change is to a K&N filter and since you have a blue bike and nothing else is green from what I seen I would have used different colored LEDs, otherwise great concept. If you can also post more pics of the inside of the cover so people can see how you did everything, better yet do a detailed write up if you can.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to say that I dig that mod you did, only two things I would change is to a K&N filter and since you have a blue bike and nothing else is green from what I seen I would have used different colored LEDs, otherwise great concept. If you can also post more pics of the inside of the cover so people can see how you did everything, better yet do a detailed write up if you can.
I agree, looking back now I may change the led lights to blue. I was hoping the green would match the green in the tribal design on the tank. Thanks for the inputs! I'll post some more details..

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I think you accomplished what you where after, the green lights does pull the green from the paint in. Looks great, nice job.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That looks pretty good. The cuts look straight too. Mine would be a goofed up. Any more pics of the inside? what tools did you use?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a dremel tool to make the cuts with. Then sanded the edges smooth. I then took drywall mesh to make the screen. Painted it black and bonded it inside. Used Gorilla glue for this, but I'm sure any type of epoxy would work. Then I installed the green led lights around the inside perimeter of the cover. Reinstalled the cover, hooked up the lights, and tada! Will post picks of the inside later today. Gonna ride for a while first...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love the simple things like this that totally change the factory part into something new!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I agree, looking back now I may change the led lights to blue. I was hoping the green would match the green in the tribal design on the tank. Thanks for the inputs! I'll post some more details..
I'm sorry I don't know why but I didn't see the green in the paint job, getting old and guess I need some glasses lol. It's your bike you can use whatever color LED's you want I didn't mean to try and sway your opinion on what you wanted, I still think the design and concept is still great regardless of the color of LED's.

On another note after looking at it, what I would think would also be bad ass would be to cut the word "Fury" into the top of it right above where you cut the slots at and then with LED's in there that would be totally bad ass, just my opinion of course, just an idea you might be interested in doing, great job!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Heres a direction you may want to try. Im assuming that the metal part of the stock filter is up agains the mesh you installed? Paint the outter face of the filter flat black. Then take your wire mesh ( if you wanted to get a tighter mesh, try grabbing some gutter screen from Home Depot. 4 or 5 pieces for 10 bucks ) and paint that a gloss green that is close to your trim green. Even if you change the LEDs to blue it should still show up green.

Kudos to you for grabbing the bull by the horns and getting this done. I think it compliments the look of the bike, and for those who cant afford a $300 intake this would be the way to go.

For anyone interested in trying this, but dont want to loose your intake .. i have a stock OEM housing and filter for sale cheap ... $30. PM me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres a direction you may want to try. Im assuming that the metal part of the stock filter is up agains the mesh you installed? Paint the outter face of the filter flat black. Then take your wire mesh ( if you wanted to get a tighter mesh, try grabbing some gutter screen from Home Depot. 4 or 5 pieces for 10 bucks ) and paint that a gloss green that is close to your trim green. Even if you change the LEDs to blue it should still show up green.

Kudos to you for grabbing the bull by the horns and getting this done. I think it compliments the look of the bike, and for those who cant afford a $300 intake this would be the way to go.

For anyone interested in trying this, but dont want to loose your intake .. i have a stock OEM housing and filter for sale cheap ... $30. PM me.
Sent you a pm on your stock cover. Would like to have it. Wanna try a different design..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used a dremel tool to make the cuts with. Then sanded the edges smooth. I then took drywall mesh to make the screen. Painted it black and bonded it inside. Used Gorilla glue for this, but I'm sure any type of epoxy would work. Then I installed the green led lights around the inside perimeter of the cover. Reinstalled the cover, hooked up the lights, and tada! Will post picks of the inside later today. Gonna ride for a while first...
would that be safe to ride in the rain with?
Probably not. I do try to avoid rain at all costs anyway. That's just me, I'm a pus...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I saw this done on the internet so i thought i would give it a try.. Got about $30 bucks and a few hours wrapped up in it..
I do say thats BAD ASS! Love the light LOOKS like a terminator type thing! Maybe match the colors of the lights ??? Just IMO:cool:

Nicest mod yet on a OEM cover!!! Great work...

Fury on the top would look cool But rain will be a issue wonder if you can use the cover like the others have during the rain?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I don't think rain is going to be no more of an issue than it is for the other intakes, I have been caught in some heavy downpours with my spike and didn't have issues, so I think he would be OK, now I wouldn't suggest riding in the rain for fun to try it out, but you'll be OK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts