Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vipers are turning a slight bronze in color. Does anyone know if 1. this can be polished out and if it can 2. with what?

Thanks

C

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You can use Blue Job if it is slight, and I would order a hourglass polishing bob from Caswell to do it, also Eastwood Automotive has some stuff for browning pipes.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
JEEZ, CB, that sux. do you have heat shields on the pipes or are they nekkid?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Bluejob, If you want you can try enrichening the mix a little, that helps drop Exhaust gas temps which will cause discoloring quicker. Without heatshields though almost any pipe will begin to blue

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I've always liked it when the pipes darkened... makes it look like the engine has been doing some work.
Yeah it makes it look like the bike had been ran, but keeps it from looking showroom clean.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there are no heat shields on the V2s. And im already running rich ... i think my 3rd POT is at 3? Its not turning blue, but a slight shade of bronze .. and even that has taken some time. Im thinking if i get it now, it should be less work rather then waiting till they do turn brown.

and BTW ... chrome paint never comes out looking like chrome.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
My Vipers are turning a slight bronze in color. Does anyone know if 1. this can be polished out and if it can 2. with what?

Thanks

C
I've got the fuggin reapers...they turned light bronze and then darker, some bluing....it's gonna happen, you can't stop it...I'm running rich, but going to lean it out some for better gas mileage....

At first I wasn't happy about them turning, but I have a black bike and it's not a show bike by any stretch of the imagination.....I think the darkening gives it a little character.....

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I've got the fuggin reapers...they turned light bronze and then darker, some bluing....it's gonna happen, you can't stop it...I'm running rich, but going to lean it out some for better gas mileage....

At first I wasn't happy about them turning, but I have a black bike and it's not a show bike by any stretch of the imagination.....I think the darkening gives it a little character.....
I'd have to agree with you. It's gonna' happen.

Just live with it CB. :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
there are no heat shields on the V2s. And im already running rich ... i think my 3rd POT is at 3? Its not turning blue, but a slight shade of bronze .. and even that has taken some time. Im thinking if i get it now, it should be less work rather then waiting till they do turn brown.

and BTW ... chrome paint never comes out looking like chrome.
jeezey, CB, i was kidding about the chrome paint.
I think.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
You know, once you get new pipes, they get a little discoloration(because they are new, and you notice), then you start tweeking the fuel controller, you get it dialed in..
The pipe continue to discolors, you tend to just get on it and ride..
With knowing that you have the bike dialed in and well, pipes get hot..

enjoy the ride.............................................:cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Let me throw this out there as an emphatic statement: ALL single-wall chrome pipes will, ultimately, "yellow" or "blue" depending on your timing and state of tune. Show me a single-walled chrome exhaust header that hasn't "tinted", and I'll show you a very low-performance engine that you wouldn't want to have in your bike; I mean, even lower-performance than our already-anemic stock Fury engines. If you insist on having pristine, non-tinted, pipes, you'd better stick with the higher-quality, double-walled models, and then don't let your mixture or timing get too far out of optimal parameters. My two-bits........

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
So, this is something i have to live with? Unacceptable! LOL
Yep gotta live with it or get full length heat shields. Another option is to powder coat the pipes.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Yep gotta live with it or get full length heat shields. Another option is to powder coat the pipes.
now, if the boy had a black bike, he could powder coat them...BLACK.
but, he do not have a black bike. Now if'n he got a cute BLUE bike.
i guess he could powder coat the pipers...RED and WHITE!

Folks would put their hands over their hearts everytime he rides by...it would be so <sob> patriotic and sh**.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts