Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 6,000 miles on the bike and my oil level hasn't changed (except slightly when changing oil). MSF training and the owner's manual say to check it every ride but now I'm tempted to check it only rarely. I'll refrain from making a Harley comment here ;)

Has anyone seen a drop in oil level under normal riding conditions? That is, when there wasn't some sort of obvious reason for it?

How about coolant? My coolant level also hasn't changed at all even though I'm in the Houston area where we have some pretty drastic temp extremes.

Are these bikes really that maintenance free?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
tire pressure is something that i check at least once a month, oil or coolant i don't check as i don't see any leaks.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Only place I have seen oil is from the aftermarket chrome dipstick that I got... The o-ring no longer seals like it did with the stock dipstick and so it splatters out a little bit. I have tried to change out o-rings but that didn't seem to work. Not too worried though, it happens. Anyways, that is the only time I have seen the oil outside of the bike besides when I change out the oil. So yes, they are pretty much maintenance free besides the standard tire check and fluid checks, as Sea Dawg says... It's a HONDA... ;) 22,300 miles and counting.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
well now, i'm curious too; i'll be checking fluids this weekend. I'd like to see what the oil/differential lube usage has been since the 8k change.
since i switched over to air (vs. nitrogen) i check my pressure every couple of weeks.
I ride daily, so air pressure loss is a concern.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well now, i'm curious too; i'll be checking fluids this weekend. I'd like to see what the oil/differential lube usage has been since the 8k change.
since i switched over to air (vs. nitrogen) i check my pressure every couple of weeks.
I ride daily, so air pressure loss is a concern.
I'd be interested to know if you see a drop in the fluid levels. I'm glad to hear that so far, no one has reported any drops.

I think we are all continually loosing air pressure due to permeation but for folks that ride every day like yourself, the rate of loss is probably faster. How often do you have to add air? I can go about three months.

An extreme example of permeation are the tires my road bicycle - 23mm tires at 110 PSI and I can lose 5 PSI in a week while the bike hangs on the rack. Requires filling almost every time I ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts