Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris .. i have left you messages everywhere i can think of .. you need to contact me ASAP as you sent me the wrong brake line! Yeah, the brake line i waited 10 weeks for .. the one that you told me would fit with the Accutronix forwards ... the one that you looked over "very carefully " before you shipped it ground ( another 5 days ) to me .... YEAH .. THATS THE PART. The one you shipped me has 1 45* bend on it ( caliper end ) and the other end has a ______ing 90* bend on it! How am i going to attach a 90* bend to a port off the Accutronix mater cylinder that runs parellel to the lower frame of the bike? Maybe have the line loop across the front of the radiator before it starts its journey to the rear caliper?

Let this be a lesson to you boys and girls ... unless you ride a vendors ass ... your at thier mercy. I tried to be nice. I tried not to make waves. I waited like i said 10 weeks for a complete order that L&M gladly took my $1,200+ with the quickness ... and here i have a cable i cant use. There arent enogh T-shirts in your warehouse to fix this mistake Chris ... YOU NEED TO CALL ME ASAP.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Better watch what you say Chris, your post may disappear :eek:
That is seriously f**ked up dude! Hope he makes it right with you. Good luck!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I don't think we are allowed to bitch about Low and Mean the posts seem to vanish! :p Sorry I feel you bro I waited for 2 months for my gear shift lever from Honda.:mad:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt call Chris anything on a public forum. I simply stated that if he visits this forum before he gets back to HQ on Monday he needs to call me like his life depended on it. Nothing but the facts here, and i didnt even get into all the details for all the newbs that may visit this thread.

All i can do is shake my head and laugh. Its not just L&M but several other vendors that just pump out anything like a Hale Mary Pass and hope the customer will settle for 2nd best. Ill be wrapping up the bike this weekend ... minus 1 important part ... THE REAR BRAKE LINE! Again, just stating facts.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Just as I stated in the other thread, this needs to be addressed by Low and Mean. You took the high road and did not turn it into a free for all pissing match. I look forward to hearing that this is resolved in a timely manner. I know it is frustrating, believe me, been there, done that.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus the rear is only 40% of the braking power
Now here is a man who i cant thank enough. Clueless has been more helpful then anything or anyone i can think of during this mess of a tear down and rebuild. LOL that being said ... i do most of my breaking on the rear. I only use the front while sitting at a red light. Unless of course i have an emergency .. then ill use the front. If memmory serves, they taught this is the cycle course i took as well ... but using that front brake to casually stop just isnt for me. I would rather down shift and use the rear. Cant fly over the handle bars by using the rear brake. Of course, it helps if you have a braided brake line to run brake fluid from the front pedal to the rear caliper.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I thought that they say that 70% front and 30% rear stopping power, could be wrong. And you should be using the brakes together to get the best stopping power, and if you lock the rear tire up your supposed to just ride it out, if you lock the front brake your supposed to release the brake and reapply. Anyways hope you get the situation resolved I know how it is to get frustrated with vendors and not getting quality parts or the wrong part, good luck.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Chris, I was just trying to create a little levity on your situation. I am sure Chris will make good on this. I know he knows what could come of this. If you need a hand wrenching drop me a line dude. Your not far from me at all. I am free Sunday if you need. I am going bike shopping with Courtney tomorrow :) I was trying to sway her to the Fury but no dice. I will give you a buzz tomorrow.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Chris .. i have left you messages everywhere i can think of .. you need to contact me ASAP as you sent me the wrong brake line! Yeah, the brake line i waited 10 weeks for .. the one that you told me would fit with the Accutronix forwards ... the one that you looked over "very carefully " before you shipped it ground ( another 5 days ) to me .... YEAH .. THATS THE PART. The one you shipped me has 1 45* bend on it ( caliper end ) and the other end has a ______ing 90* bend on it! How am i going to attach a 90* bend to a port off the Accutronix mater cylinder that runs parellel to the lower frame of the bike? Maybe have the line loop across the front of the radiator before it starts its journey to the rear caliper?

Let this be a lesson to you boys and girls ... unless you ride a vendors ass ... your at thier mercy. I tried to be nice. I tried not to make waves. I waited like i said 10 weeks for a complete order that L&M gladly took my $1,200+ with the quickness ... and here i have a cable i cant use. There arent enogh T-shirts in your warehouse to fix this mistake Chris ... YOU NEED TO CALL ME ASAP.
Chris, I'm confused, did you call us 928-255-0230, or contact us at [email protected]? I do remember a situation back in January. Is this the same order? Please contact me directly at [email protected] going through the forum is fine but I'm easier to get ahold of on my direct email. Sorry for the issue, I'm sure we can straight this out ASAP!
Thanks for your patience.
Chris
928-255-0230

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
hear me out VENDORS and MODS, because the low-class methods of handling boo-boos has got to stop.

"If you screwed up an order, you need to next day ship the replacement item and pay for return shipping."

How many times have you had to return a mis-handled order only to have to wait another week--or they treat it like a new order.

uh uh. you want to deal with us again, it gets shipped next day, at your expense.
that will teach you to do real QA and not just say "...oh my, I'll take care of it".
you state it right up front.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couple things ... first off, i log on this morning and sure enough, Chris got my message thru this site, as i figured he would. YES Chris, i did call your office and left a nice message. Youll be hearing that this morning when you get in. Keep in mind that you royally screwed me on my initial order, so to have the wrong brake line ... well there are some less then choice words in that message.

Now, to the line. Chris has left me specific instructions via PM that i call him in a little over an hour, which i shall. Im sure once he hears my voice and my NY accent hell remember the fiasco that i endured at the hands of his less then pro-active customer service. I shall post the results of my conversation here for all to see. Hopefully this will be resolved with the urgency and respect that any customer ... no, make that THIS customer who dropped almost as much money as an average mortgage payment for what was supposed to be quality parts and service.

Problem is ... for the cables and lines he sells, L&M is a 3rd party seller. Just to get the brake line L&M screwed up on last time and put a rush on the replacement ... that alone took more then 2 weeks ( not including the UPS ground for an additional 5 days ).

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hear me out VENDORS and MODS, because the low-class methods of handling boo-boos has got to stop.

"If you screwed up an order, you need to next day ship the replacement item and pay for return shipping."

How many times have you had to return a mis-handled order only to have to wait another week--or they treat it like a new order.

uh uh. you want to deal with us again, it gets shipped next day, at your expense.
that will teach you to do real QA and not just say "...oh my, I'll take care of it".
Now here lies the problem ... most shops ( even the good ones ) dont have replacement parts to ship. What the vendors arent telling you ... THEY ARE MAKING ORDERS AS THEY ARE PLACED. Now if 1 item gets hot, now the manufacturer is behind the 8 ball trying to make multiple pieces by someone who probably doesnt speak English and doesnt want his boss breathing down his neck about said part that needs to be completed yesterday.

I told this to Chris last time we talked about his lack luster approach of his customer service and my bulk order i placed with the group tree buy. " The customer would appreciate it if you told them off the bat that their order will take 5 weeks instead of 3. Be upfront and honest with us, and youll be better off." He agreed, and today i shall find out just how true he stands behind his word, and his company.

·
Registered
560 Posts
well I sincerely hope you issue is fixed today man. It sucks pretty bad these disagreements/misunderstandings/"boo-boos" are happening this time of year. For motorcycle riders all across the GREAT USA, That last weekend in March is supposed to be for polishing that last bit of chrome you put on the bike over winter, making sure that battery is holdin a charge, air pressure checks and oil changes. Not sitting back thinkin "what the f*ck is goin on here?"

I am confident Chris will get this taken care of for you. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I sincerely hope you issue is fixed today man. It sucks pretty bad these disagreements/misunderstandings/"boo-boos" are happening this time of year. For motorcycle riders all across the GREAT USA, That last weekend in March is supposed to be for polishing that last bit of chrome you put on the bike over winter, making sure that battery is holdin a charge, air pressure checks and oil changes. Not sitting back thinkin "what the f*ck is goin on here?"

I am confident Chris will get this taken care of for you. Good luck to you.
Thanks for reminding me .. i need to check the air pressure in my tires.:eek:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright ladies and germs ... i promised an update, so here it is.

As expected Chris was very appologetic. I had to refresh his memory to my order that was intially place back in Dec. Apparently some where between L&M, Troy @ Accutronix and the cable maker .... someone screwed the pooch. Chris unfortunately has to bear the brunt of it as he is the last one to sign off on his products before they ship to the customer.

Now, how to fix it. Chris and i first tried to think of any way i can use the current brake line, and there is not. So now he will resort to calling Troy from Accutronix to see if he has a brake line in Platinum that he can spare. If need be Chris will do his best to get a temp line so that i can get the bike up and rolling for the first group ride this season ( April 10th ). With this comes the understanding that this would be a temporary fix to the problem, while the manufacturer works on making the correct brake line. I should know more and post on Monday. Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

I cant agree with you more!! Funny thing is I was just forced to pay $70 shipping to get my fender fixed! the led's are embedded and sealed into the fender. Should last for years! But they were burning out on the way home from picking up the bike. The answer I got when I asked about shipping was " we don't make the light".
I call that a big FUCK YOU BYBER! So if I want it fixed I can pay for shipping myself or just keep a broken embedded led in my fender. I spend $4000 and that is the service I get?

Alright ladies and germs ... i promised an update, so here it is.

As expected Chris was very appologetic. I had to refresh his memory to my order that was intially place back in Dec. Apparently some where between L&M, Troy @ Accutronix and the cable maker .... someone screwed the pooch. Chris unfortunately has to bear the brunt of it as he is the last one to sign off on his products before they ship to the customer.

Now, how to fix it. Chris and i first tried to think of any way i can use the current brake line, and there is not. So now he will resort to calling Troy from Accutronix to see if he has a brake line in Platinum that he can spare. If need be Chris will do his best to get a temp line so that i can get the bike up and rolling for the first group ride this season ( April 10th ). With this comes the understanding that this would be a temporary fix to the problem, while the manufacturer works on making the correct brake line. I should know more and post on Monday. Time will tell.
Why does this take so long? April 10th is 2 weeks away. They cant get your brake line by then. Does it need to be custom made from scratch?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
my wife said i'm no fun at breakfast cuz i'm using my iPhone to keep up with these asinine vendor issues.

i have several hot buttons: bad service is at the top of my list.
damn, i busted my ass for 20 years to make sure my customers were happy.
i never gave them a reason to doubt my sincerity and i sure as hell won't give an inch now.
there's one particular vendor on this site who doesn't keep a rotatating stock of helmets. i finally jettisoned the order and got my $$ back.
they were cool about it but, i am not waiting for anyone to fulfill their once per month order sheet.

i bought it locally. now, i look in my area BEFORE i look online.

i get to make the rules.
byber, sorry you had to pay for a problem you did not create.
to that vendor--we know the color of your service--and it ain't gold.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts