Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, it's been all about the bike this weekend. After searching for a bit, I found a pair of slip ons that I really liked, but they were for a HD. To the forum archives I went, and I found the answer I was looking for: Any slip on will work, you'll just have to build an adapter bracket to support it.
So, I pulled the trigger and bought a pair of Maverick Crusher slip ons. Should arrive wednesday. I'm really looking forward to hearing the bike while riding.
Here is a clip of a before and after on another bike.
Will add more pics and details as this project progresses.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the mufflers in today, I love them! You can hold them up and watch TV through them! Lol. I knew I was going to have to build a custom bracket, and just guestimating it will be a simple L bracket. But I can't put them on yet, I need reducers. It pissed me off to find the rear head pipe was 1 3/8" OD while the front head pipe is 1 1/2" OD. My first thought was "What evil bastard came up with this idea?!". I know why it was done, to equalize the exhaust flow between the front and rear heads. So I've got 3 options: Amazon (already found them and took a screenshot), a local custom bike shop, and a local gasket shop (so far they've been able to build any gasket needed at work). Just waiting for replies from the 2 local places.
On a positive note, bike sounds great with no mufflers! Lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, reducers came in. Got the mufflers on, had to crank it. OMG! It barks! I LOVE IT! Lol. Now to build the brackets. Did have a devious thought of sliding the chrome shell from the stock mufflers over it and make them sleepers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Son of a bitch! Glad that's mostly over! Got the bracket built, holes drilled, and it all bolted up. All that's left is cutting the excess metal off, painting it, and finally the stock vs upgrade video. It's late, will have to finish tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Looks awesome. I really like the black on chrome. Pretty unique. I'd leave it if it was me!

Reactions: RajunRick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well tried to upload the before and after, but it says the files are too large. It is great, definitely louder than stock.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
161 Posts
Dude, Setup a Youtube account. Easy, and you can upload from your smartphone 👍
You do good work. Nice! 😎

Reactions: FURY-S1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts