Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice little Ohio jaunt yesterday with Richard1; NMUcat and a harley buddy of his [yes, we accept all comers, even harley riders, keeping in mind the tragic fact that even in this great country there are poor underpriveleged bikers who will go to bed tonight without a fury ... ]

But, anyway, the ride wasn't particularly long, 'bout 160-170 miles or so round trip but on the way back some idiot accidentally hit the turbo button on his tripletree :D and we pretty much did the last 70 or 80 miles or so as non-stop highway speed driving. By the time I dismounted for fuel my butt was achin' ...

And it occurred to me that what I mostly wished for during those last buttkiller 20 miles or so was NOT that I had a better seat, but that I had a set of pegs in the stock under-rider position that I could stand on for a few seconds now and then to keep the circulation going. Had I been able to do so - which is totally impossible with extended fwd cntrols - I don't think the seat comfort itself would have been of particular consequence. Conversely, not sure a $400 seat - albeit a lot better looking - would've made much difference comfort-wise without being able to stand on the pegs now and again.

Dunno ... just thinkin' out loud ...

· Registered
135 Posts
I actually was thinking the same thing. The other day my wife and I went for about 150 mile ride and on the way home for about the last 20 miles I was wishing I could just stand up for a couple seconds. But to me I think its just better I spend the money and get the seat.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I used to have the same problem until I install a set of Kuryakyn flame switch blade pegs on another bike I got rid of and it was one of the first things I bought for the Fury. The extra resting spot for your heel a is like night and day to riding with just pegs and to be honest with you I don't think I could last on a long ride again without them.

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Hey Stone, my butt was hurtin too. Not sure if you were behind me or not, but a few times I stood up on the pegs and sat on the back part of the seat. Helped a little. A new seat may be in order, or at least pad.

· Registered
3,093 Posts
granted i havent gone on any 80 mile trips, but im finding lately that my feet need to be forward more. Every time i ride now, i find myself saying that im gonna go home and buy a set of forward controls. It almost feels like im riding a scooter as my legs are alsmot at a 90 degree angle.

I also plan on doing the Tony mod next weekend with the help of a friend from work. After that im seriously tossing around the idea of the Gray seat i found on Ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.