Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a nice little Ohio jaunt yesterday with Richard1; NMUcat and a harley buddy of his [yes, we accept all comers, even harley riders, keeping in mind the tragic fact that even in this great country there are poor underpriveleged bikers who will go to bed tonight without a fury ... ]

But, anyway, the ride wasn't particularly long, 'bout 160-170 miles or so round trip but on the way back some idiot accidentally hit the turbo button on his tripletree :D and we pretty much did the last 70 or 80 miles or so as non-stop highway speed driving. By the time I dismounted for fuel my butt was achin' ...

And it occurred to me that what I mostly wished for during those last buttkiller 20 miles or so was NOT that I had a better seat, but that I had a set of pegs in the stock under-rider position that I could stand on for a few seconds now and then to keep the circulation going. Had I been able to do so - which is totally impossible with extended fwd cntrols - I don't think the seat comfort itself would have been of particular consequence. Conversely, not sure a $400 seat - albeit a lot better looking - would've made much difference comfort-wise without being able to stand on the pegs now and again.

Dunno ... just thinkin' out loud ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actually was thinking the same thing. The other day my wife and I went for about 150 mile ride and on the way home for about the last 20 miles I was wishing I could just stand up for a couple seconds. But to me I think its just better I spend the money and get the seat.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I used to have the same problem until I install a set of Kuryakyn flame switch blade pegs on another bike I got rid of and it was one of the first things I bought for the Fury. The extra resting spot for your heel a is like night and day to riding with just pegs and to be honest with you I don't think I could last on a long ride again without them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Stonewheel sorry for pushing the turbo button on ya. My boy got sick and was trying to get home. My butt was also killing me on that ride. I'd say go for new seat.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stonewheel sorry for pushing the turbo button on ya. My boy got sick and was trying to get home. My butt was also killing me on that ride. I'd say go for new seat.
Yeah, Rich passed along the info NMU; np :)
Hope your son's ok.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Hey Stone, my butt was hurtin too. Not sure if you were behind me or not, but a few times I stood up on the pegs and sat on the back part of the seat. Helped a little. A new seat may be in order, or at least pad.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
granted i havent gone on any 80 mile trips, but im finding lately that my feet need to be forward more. Every time i ride now, i find myself saying that im gonna go home and buy a set of forward controls. It almost feels like im riding a scooter as my legs are alsmot at a 90 degree angle.

I also plan on doing the Tony mod next weekend with the help of a friend from work. After that im seriously tossing around the idea of the Gray seat i found on Ebay.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've got the same feeling after every ride, but after seeing those 800ish prices I'm quickly discouraged..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts